• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC NSD Waterproof and Lume ??

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Unless you can get them to test it for you with proof that they tested it, it is unwise to rely on what a chinese replica watch dealer tells you about water resistance.

You thinking that they are water "proof" is dangerous - these are replicas put together by 10 year old kids in a sweatshop. Quality Control in this situation is more or less imaginary.

Just take it to any local watchsmith and have them do a pressure test. Mine does dry tests for $10.

falarge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/9/12
Thnks for that investinwaffles ..... Is there any TD's that take paypal payment and also do waterproof test ( I know that will be extra)...

falarge

INMATE
21/9/12
Well, Just ordered my JLC NSD from Toro !!!! Will upload pics once recieved.

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
I saw that, though a watch built apparently with input from seals who wanted everything subdued, yellow seems a strange choice. Lol

Ha, I know a few marines a SEAL, and none of them would wear an automatic watch while actually deployed.

Digital is more reliable, and they have compasses and useful stuff built in. Most of them are in love with Suunto watches and the standard timex variety.

Plus, when you smash the **** out of it on a rock you wont care as much (unless the US Gov't really does hand out JLC's :D)

Update on the lume - it is certainly not as torchy as my PAM 390's (color and size of the indexes is a factor), but it definitely lasts all night long regardless.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Ha, I know a few marines a SEAL, and none of them would wear an automatic watch while actually deployed.

Digital is more reliable, and they have compasses and useful stuff built in. Most of them are in love with Suunto watches and the standard timex variety.

Plus, when you smash the **** out of it on a rock you wont care as much (unless the US Gov't really does hand out JLC's :D)

Update on the lume - it is certainly not as torchy as my PAM 390's (color and size of the indexes is a factor), but it definitely lasts all night long regardless.

I did some contract work, even i couldn't afford a jlc, never mind enlisted or commissioned socom guys...

That must have been an interesting collaboration.... "Hey guys you want to help us design a watch so we can make a profit on something we put your name on that you'll probably never be able to afford".....

Frazam

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/10
They all require a test. I wouldn't recommend trusting any dealer if they say its waterproof. Just get a test at a cheap mall watch shop and protect your investment!

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12
They all require a test. I wouldn't recommend trusting any dealer if they say its waterproof. Just get a test at a cheap mall watch shop and protect your investment!

;)

falarge

INMATE
21/9/12
Well took my JLC NSD to Timpsons for Pressure test. They checked it to 10 atm ( the max there dry tester goes too) and it passed with flying colours. :thumbsup:

justudor

18/1/13
Well took my JLC NSD to Timpsons for Pressure test. They checked it to 10 atm ( the max there dry tester goes too) and it passed with flying colours. :thumbsup:

And that was out of the box? That's impressive

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk HD

falarge

INMATE
21/9/12
Yep, that was straight out the box !!!!!!! Going to Cuba varadero in July so will see how it withstands the beach and pool !!

justudor

18/1/13
Yep, that was straight out the box !!!!!!! Going to Cuba varadero in July so will see how it withstands the beach and pool !!

Oh awesome on both counts, have fun!

I've pulled the back of mine, and it really is a simple oring and four measly screws. Not sure about where the weak points might be, but might be a good idea to test mine also. Thanks

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk HD

Drwildcat15

Horology Curious
25/3/13
Falarge, if I may, how do you like the watch? I am on the fence about getting one and it seems that you had similar questions as I do. So how has the waterproofing held up? Do you like it as much as you thought you would? Any problems with it so far??? I plan to wear mine as a daily "beater" such as to the gym and while running errands around town. I also plan on it being my beach/pool watch, so can you tell me anything about how it holds up in these conditions? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

duchess

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/12
mine passed 3 bar out of the box, havent tried more, but i will test it for you guys.

My rep panerai passed 5 bar and so did my UPO all out of the box, which is pretty cool

falarge

INMATE
21/9/12
Falarge, if I may, how do you like the watch? I am on the fence about getting one and it seems that you had similar questions as I do. So how has the waterproofing held up? Do you like it as much as you thought you would? Any problems with it so far??? I plan to wear mine as a daily "beater" such as to the gym and while running errands around town. I also plan on it being my beach/pool watch, so can you tell me anything about how it holds up in these conditions? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, Watch is good but a couple of flaws.. The screws in rubber strap loosed themselves also crown pinches skin sometimes.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Does anyone know when this will be back in stock??
thx

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
Damn I was going to email Trevor this Friday after I deposit my pay cheque :/