• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC NSD vs. PAM 243

Drwildcat15

Horology Curious
25/3/13
Hello everyone,

First time posting but have been reading around a lot lately and have become very interested in watches. As of right now I have a gen Brietling for Bentley that I got as a graduation present, but it's pretty much too big for most situations. I have a PAM 161 rep that I bought about 2 years ago before doing much research, I know it's not a great rep, but it's held up pretty well with no problems. Lastly I just recieved a rep PAM 292 from puretime that I really enjoy, it looks and feels great.

So getting to my dilemma, I'm trying to figure out which of these two watches the JLC NSD or the PAM 243 I should get based on my current watches. I want this watch mainly as a beater/wear around watch and expect to waterproof it so it can be my go anywhere/beach wrist piece. I really like panerai's but am considering a change of pace. If you wouldn't mind, please give your opinion and reasons why. Thank you in advance.

Cheers!!!

D

d4m.test

243 is more robust + there are a lot of good reviews out there use the search button :)

justudor

18/1/13
nadaty7a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bentoboi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/11
i too had the same dilemma few weeks back. 1st i got the PAM 243 last year during Christmas and i'd really love it..BUT after a few months, my love seems to tone down due to the bulkiness. So i'd sold the watch to a fellow RWI member and got meself zee JLC NSD>>> my verdict -

Not a single doubt the build quality for the PAM 243 v2 is excellent and JLC NSD still has A LOT of room for improvement (especially the low resistances bezel and rubber bracelet)... other than that, you wont regret choosing JLC because it LOOKS and FEELS very gen like.

Drwildcat15

Horology Curious
25/3/13
Thanks guys and trust me I searched a lot, probably have read every review about each but still struggling. And thank you bentoboi, that's exactly the kind of input I was looking for. Let me ask a question if I may, if you had had both right now and had to get rid of one, which would it be? And if you were strictly using it for casual wear, such as to the pool, beach, or to run errands, which would it be?

justudor

18/1/13
The 243 looks like it was meant to go to war.
A bit too utilitarian(?)

I think the NSD covers more situations, except dress - which I haven't been able to pull off (even though I do wear with my suit).

They are two very different watches imo. Not only in presence, size but look.

The NSD has some really great detailing and the black is so well balanced with the white details.

The PAM Sub is nice, but albeit would not be my first choice.

You only can get one?
Maybe choose your favourite or most versatile and get the remaining one down the track.

bentoboi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/11
Thanks guys and trust me I searched a lot, probably have read every review about each but still struggling. And thank you bentoboi, that's exactly the kind of input I was looking for. Let me ask a question if I may, if you had had both right now and had to get rid of one, which would it be? And if you were strictly using it for casual wear, such as to the pool, beach, or to run errands, which would it be?

i would ditch the PAM, 1- because it's sells faster than JLC...2- JLC looks way better with my suit and casual wear compared to PAM...unless one would wanna dress up like stallone in expendables 1 n 2, rides skull harley and have steroids enhance muscle....

i'm sure most of our fellow bros would agree to waterproof and regulate it before you start to fully utilized this medium size beast....but i wouldn't recommend on reluming it because i heard from my local watch smith that it seems like the dials are quite hard to reinstall once removed..

hope my opinion helps...now i'm considering on getting a tourbillion...but dont know which rep to start with....hehehehe