• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC NSD Sellita or Not?

pvag

Horology Curious
23/8/12
Hi All,
New to the rep world and very interested in the JLC NSD. What do you guys think
of the upgrade to the Swiss Sellita movement, is it worth it?
Also, how does one even know the watch comes with the actual promised movement? Not all of us have the tools knowhow etc to open it up and check.
Are the TD reputable enough in your experience to follow through with a real "swiss" movement?

Looking forward to your opininons and experiences!

Cheers,

Pvag

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Most TDs will rely on what the factories tell them. The watch will not normally be opened. Unfortunately the factories do sometimes lie - however, that has become rarer in recent years than it used to be.

Ultimately it depends on who you're buying from and how much extra the Sellita is going to be - but in general, the Sellita movement is worth having.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
You're almost 99% guaranteed that if it says Selitta on the movement that it is a genuine swiss movement. There is supposedly clone Selitta movements out there but I've never seen concrete evidence. For what it's worth, the only time i've ever seen a dealer not delivery what they advertise is when it has been a mistake in the order, not a deliberate deception.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
I think the Sellita is worth paying for, but you have to be able to take the caseback off and check. I ordered the Sellita in my AP Diver, and I thought based on the roughness of the winding action that it wasn't swiss. I opened it up and lo and behold it was an asian movement. The dealer didn't hesitate to refund me the extra money I paid, but if I hadn't opened it up I would have never known.