• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Navy Seal Bracelet.

blackberry88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/12
Australia
The screws in my rubber bracelet keep getting 'loose', wore it about 5 times now, and few of the screws keeping coming 'out'.. anyone have the same problems?

i'm scared one day the whole watch will just fall of because of the screw failure.. :(

ricou2273

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/10
i have the same problem on mine.

I think we must purchase some loctite to put it on the screws.

But let we the experts answer your question : WIZ please help !!

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Loctite will do.. I have try to put it on my pam crownguard screw and its work!

msap7222

Known Member
28/3/11
Same with mine! Thanks for the advice.

Also, a metal sleeve that stops the spring loaded button from flapping around in the clasp just dropped on my foot as I was "de-watching" for bed. Lucky I felt it and then found it in the carpet.

I have my JLC on my bench ready to create a fix for that too. Anyone have that happen?

Sent from my wife's iPad as she's asleep ZZZzzzz

Marv1nn

14/2/11
Mine arrives today - and my fix that is planned is to put the sucker on a NATO immediately!

blackberry88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/12
Australia
Loctite is risky, might messed up the bracelet lol.. i'm not a very 'crafty' person.. how does the metal sleeve looks like? where can i get it? :)

msap7222

Known Member
28/3/11
I applied my loctite as a tiny bead on the tip of a toothpick to about 50% of the thread on the bracelet screw. Easy - no mess plus peace of mind my screws are tight and bracelet less likely to fail (= dead JLC after fall to inevitably hard surface!)

Sent from my wife's iPad as she's asleep ZZZzzzz

rychastings

2/10/10
put some blue loctite in it, I had the same problem with my omega seamaster but now its fine

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
First thing I do with any bracelet or case or crownguard screws is dismantle and re-fit with some purple 220 loctite. Easy to do and removes any real risk of this happening.

D

d4m.test

Just applied loctite to my jlc screws as well. It seems that the 3 links closest to the lugs on each side have false screws that just spin around. Although I never see a need to unscrew them, it didn't seem right to me. I wonder if the gen is the same way.