• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon - ZF V3

TomMöller

Horology Curious
15/10/23
Germany
Hi,

i'm new to this forum and it's my first post :)

I already did some searching about the JLC MUT Moon and found comparisons between the APSF and the ZF V2.
I just found out that Intime has a new ZF V3 listed on their site and the update details are "V3 updated the case shape finishing, dial and the all in one super clone JLC 925 movement..."

Did anyone already order the new V3 model or got some pictures of it? I'm really interested in this watch as my first rep.

Thank you!

Reactions: Oldben

ihavedrainbamage

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/23
USA
Would like to know as well. Was about to pull the trigger on an APSF but was not aware that ZF had released V3.

Mitzyy

Horology Curious
9/8/19
ZF V3 has the updated 2021 dial design, but has one major flaw - the moonphase disc is from the old pre-2021 of the MUT Moon. You can tell whether the moonphase is from the new or old revision by the stars - the new version has a bunch of tiny little stars. Just look up some pics and compare the pre and post 2021 versions of the MUT moon, the difference in the moonphase should be obvious.

If you're looking for a rep with an accurate moonphase, go with APSF's latest release. AFAIK, the only big issue with APSF is that the movement is printed, rather than engraved like the ZF and gen. If you don't want APSF and/or want the engraved movement, I'd wait on buying this until ZF fixes the moonphase, as it's a pretty major flaw in my opinion.

Please do your own research comparing these two - I'm not an expert, and there could be some differences or flaws that I didn't mention.

Mitzyy

Horology Curious
9/8/19
ZF V3 has the updated 2021 dial design, but has one major flaw - the moonphase disc is from the old pre-2021 of the MUT Moon. You can tell whether the moonphase is from the new or old revision by the stars - the new version has a bunch of tiny little stars. Just look up some pics and compare the pre and post 2021 versions of the MUT moon, the difference in the moonphase should be obvious.

If you're looking for a rep with an accurate moonphase, go with APSF's latest release. AFAIK, the only big issue with APSF is that the movement is printed, rather than engraved like the ZF and gen. If you don't want APSF and/or want the engraved movement, I'd wait on buying this until ZF fixes the moonphase, as it's a pretty major flaw in my opinion.

Please do your own research comparing these two - I'm not an expert, and there could be some differences or flaws that I didn't mention.
Did some more research - Ignore everything in my last comment, it's all wrong. The ZF V3 is still based on the older pre-2021 revision of the MUT moon, which means that the moonphase and dial are actually correct on the ZF.

The APSF comes with the newer 2021 dial and moonphase design along with a thinner case that's closer to gen (9.7mm for the APSF vs 10.5mm for the ZF), with the downside of the movement being printed, not engraved. I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on other flaws for either versions.

Typer44

21/7/16
Would love to see a review of the V3.
Did you go for the watch, Tom?

Hop3

1/11/21
I want to see that review also! Did you finally pull the trigger?

Oldben

Horology Curious
5/9/23
Hi,

i'm new to this forum and it's my first post :)

I already did some searching about the JLC MUT Moon and found comparisons between the APSF and the ZF V2.
I just found out that Intime has a new ZF V3 listed on their site and the update details are "V3 updated the case shape finishing, dial and the all in one super clone JLC 925 movement..."

Did anyone already order the new V3 model or got some pictures of it? I'm really interested in this watch as my first rep.

Thank you!
Just got the V3 and out of the three reps I've bought so far it's the first disappointment. There appear to be smudges around the stars. Maybe glue or something. Also the moon phase does not appear to move on its own. Not sure if there is something I have to do to get it going. Waiting to hear from Intime about the issues.

Oldben

Horology Curious
5/9/23
Just got the V3 and out of the three reps I've bought so far it's the first disappointment. There appear to be smudges around the stars. Maybe glue or something. Also the moon phase does not appear to move on its own. Not sure if there is something I have to do to get it going. Waiting to hear from Intime about the issues.

REPLIQUIN

Looking Around
11/3/24
@Oldben that rep is the ZF Factory V3?
Sorry but It looks very odd to me, bad QC for sure, which dealer/price?. I can spot the dial markers not completely attached to the dial, the moon phase with smudges, the bracelet peeling off right next to the lug.
Any other thing you spotted? What is the watch thickness?

ihavedrainbamage

5/4/23
USA
Does anyone know the "official" power reserve of the A925? My MUT Moon seems to crap out pretty quick...

Mr_Snrub

Looking Around
1/1/24
I recently got this one, JLC MUT by ZF V3. Seems it got hit a bit hard during the transport though or something 😅

Because since i got it there’s an issue with the movement. The seconds hand always moves smoothly for like four seconds, then it skips a second, waits for a second, and repeats this. It’s really annoying …

I’ll probably just take it to a watch maker to see if they can fix it but im wondering if this is a big thing, or is it like an easy fix.

ihavedrainbamage

5/4/23
USA
Does anyone know the "official" power reserve of the A925? My MUT Moon seems to crap out pretty quick...
What I thought was a short power reserve turned out to be more than meets the eye... Was wearing my watch today and noticed that it had stopped about 10min prior, which was odd because I'd just taken a short walk. Shook the watch to see if the rotor would start it and it did... for about 3 seconds then it crapped out for good roughly a month after receiving the watch. Neither rotor nor manual winding seems to do anything. No clue what went wrong. Need to get it to a watchmaker to determine the root cause, but thought I'd share my anecdotal evidence of the 925 clone's reliability

Reactions: Canales16