• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP Dark Knight

Markaplan

Gold Patron
9/10/20
You must be kidding lol.I never heard of anyone who got a wrist strain from wearing a watch. I can believe small, but I cannot believe the level of feebleness you have described haha :D

Hello. legend

You are the expert in AP.

Is there a better version for the Dark knight out there ? I found this one from JF. But is there like a V1, V2 or V3 out there?

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...n-black-red-rubber-strap-a3126-w-cyclops.html

For the looks what's your advise? the thickness of the case doesn't bother me much. But I care mostly about the dial and visual appearance of the watch like DW for example. I read above that changing the crystal makes a big difference.

Any advise from anyone else would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello. legend

You are the expert in AP.

Is there a better version for the Dark knight out there ? I found this one from JF. But is there like a V1, V2 or V3 out there?

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...n-black-red-rubber-strap-a3126-w-cyclops.html

For the looks what's your advise? the thickness of the case doesn't bother me much. But I care mostly about the dial and visual appearance of the watch like DW for example. I read above that changing the crystal makes a big difference.

Any advise from anyone else would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hello markaplan

Thanks for the mention. Get the one with the updated cyclop and datewheel and you’re good. It’s a very good model where AP ROO replicas go. I’ll advise you to keep the crystal as the gen AP ROO crystals are somewhat mediocre in my opinion for the price range and the rep one is very close to the gen.

I’m not really the AP expert around here, there are others with better and deeper knowledge like Quetip. I’m happy however to share what I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Markaplan

Gold Patron
9/10/20
Hello markaplan

Thanks for the mention. Get the one with the updated cyclop and datewheel and you’re good. It’s a very good model where AP ROO replicas go. I’ll advise you to keep the crystal as the gen AP ROO crystals are somewhat mediocre in my opinion for the price range and the rep one is very close to the gen.

I’m not really the AP expert around here, there are others with better and deeper knowledge like Quetip. I’m happy however to share what I know.

I appreciate your advise. Thank you very much.

Markaplan

Gold Patron
9/10/20
A crystal swap is a MUST on all black dial ROOs in my book...

07242947e7e2496d27bbb302f8330eaf.jpg
e1a549da24a3bd8ef05860fb56c6c322.jpg

Hello.

Have you done anything else on your dark knight? Would love to see more photos.
Thank you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I appreciate your advise. Thank you very much.

While you are still new, Markaplan I will tell you to go handle some gen APs at secondhand dealers and such. Rotate the watch in your hand and view it from different angles. Pay attention to the crystal and cyclop. You will see the reflection off the crystal as you move it along different angles. Its just part of the AP crystal characteristic as its single AR coated. Likewise, the cyclop also can be reflective from some angles. Stay off the double AR crystals, they are one of the worst mods you can do for your AP if you want it to look genuine in that aspect.
Nothing beats handling the gen with the intention of studying the aspects of the watch you wish to learn about. You will always be your own best teacher sir, remember that.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

Markaplan

Gold Patron
9/10/20
While you are still new, Markaplan I will tell you to go handle some gen APs at secondhand dealers and such. Rotate the watch in your hand and view it from different angles. Pay attention to the crystal and cyclop. You will see the reflection off the crystal as you move it along different angles. Its just part of the AP crystal characteristic as its single AR coated. Likewise, the cyclop also can be reflective from some angles. Stay off the double AR crystals, they are one of the worst mods you can do for your AP if you want it to look genuine in that aspect.
Nothing beats handling the gen with the intention of studying the aspects of the watch you wish to learn about. You will always be your own best teacher sir, remember that.

I love watches and I had a collection worth more than $170k mostly Rolex, couple of Hublot and one AP. But after seeing how good some replicas are I sold all of my watches and invested the money in a business.

I did more research online and found this amazing forum. I am learning everyday from all of you. There is a lot to learn to have a nice watch that will be run smoothly and look as GEN as possible.

I also realized that nice Franklin watches in the range from $1.5 to 3k can be easily sold here on the forum.

This is why I am trying to learn how I can invest the right amount of money in good parts to build a nice watch that will hold its value if I want to sell it.

I appreciate the advise you are giving me.

Thank you [mention]legend [/mention]

My old AP elephant bellow.

44d345de356afb4d0435b97f19be5d2b.png

Reactions: legend and QueTip

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I love watches and I had a collection worth more than $170k mostly Rolex, couple of Hublot and one AP. But after seeing how good some replicas are I sold all of my watches and invested the money in a business.

I did more research online and found this amazing forum. I am learning everyday from all of you. There is a lot to learn to have a nice watch that will be run smoothly and look as GEN as possible.

I also realized that nice Franklin watches in the range from $1.5 to 3k can be easily sold here on the forum.

This is why I am trying to learn how I can invest the right amount of money in good parts to build a nice watch that will hold its value if I want to sell it.

I appreciate the advise you are giving me.

Thank you [mention]legend [/mention]

My old AP elephant bellow.

Thank you very much for the introduction Markaplan
$170k is a nice start! I have currently about >$1m worth of watches and am looking to consolidate the collection as well, been hoarding too many Rolex and Pateks as well and realize that they are merely commodities for me in the form it watches as I hardly, if ever wear them.

I like and agree with your philosophy of exploring reps. It is so true that if you just want a nice watch to wear, reps are the way to go. If you’re a collector, or seeking to build your client profile with a watch brand, you have no choice but to buy gen.

You’re again right in saying that in terms of holding value, reps do a good job compared with most gens. One big advantage of wearing reps including frankens (francklin is the colloquial term given to a Franck Muller franken) is the relatively low cost of purchasing them, and then flipping them for another if you get tired of it. You can do that for gens at much higher costs.
I hope you find your journey rewarding and fruitful. If you ever need help send me a PM. I’ll give you honest advice based on my experience.

I wish you a good weekend ahead.

Reactions: Allure

Markaplan

Gold Patron
9/10/20
It is my pleasure to get to know you as well. Have a great weekend.

Markaplan

Gold Patron
9/10/20
Thank you very much for the introduction Markaplan
$170k is a nice start! I have currently about >$1m worth of watches and am looking to consolidate the collection as well, been hoarding too many Rolex and Pateks as well and realize that they are merely commodities for me in the form it watches as I hardly, if ever wear them.

I like and agree with your philosophy of exploring reps. It is so true that if you just want a nice watch to wear, reps are the way to go. If you’re a collector, or seeking to build your client profile with a watch brand, you have no choice but to buy gen.

You’re again right in saying that in terms of holding value, reps do a good job compared with most gens. One big advantage of wearing reps including frankens (francklin is the colloquial term given to a Franck Muller franken) is the relatively low cost of purchasing them, and then flipping them for another if you get tired of it. You can do that for gens at much higher costs.
I hope you find your journey rewarding and fruitful. If you ever need help send me a PM. I’ll give you honest advice based on my experience.

I wish you a good weekend ahead.

It is my pleasure to get to know you as well. Have a great weekend. [mention]legend [/mention]