• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

Srider

Looking Around
23/7/19
Hi guys,

Long time lurker. If anyone here is in possesion of an extra link for the AP 15400 JF V5, please give me a shout. Many thanks.

micomp3

Known Member
13/5/16
New 15400 models are out on PT. Taps dont look the best tho

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Which dail is the most gen like? White, blue or black?

I'm looking to buy one so if somebody wants to sell one...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Which dail is the most gen like? White, blue or black?

I'm looking to buy one so if somebody wants to sell one...

Actually, different members will have different answers for you.
Personally, all colors are equally acceptable (or flawed).
If you favor a specific color, don't worry about "gen like". The only "gen like" rep is the one which has not been produced.
But this is highly subjective as well. Buy what you like. To illustrate my point, turn any one of the 3 color variant watches over and it is game over. Nothing gen-like at all.
On the wrist, all are equally believable if you know how to carry it off. So work on your mentality and confidence, because the watch will never be a gen even if you slap a gen dial or even hands into it.

Wear it as a rep and be happy. Worry about it being accurate to gen? Then get the gen.

NewbyUK

16/3/17
Just received a RG white dial v5 from an M2M sale and I’m blown away by how good it is. It is absolutely stunning. Only thing wrong with it is the noisy rotor, otherwise it’s perfect in my opinion. As legend said above, it’s a rep, if you want genlike then buy gen, the v5 is more than good enough for me.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Just received a RG white dial v5 from an M2M sale and I’m blown away by how good it is. It is absolutely stunning. Only thing wrong with it is the noisy rotor, otherwise it’s perfect in my opinion. As legend said above, it’s a rep, if you want genlike then buy gen, the v5 is more than good enough for me.

I have the white one as well but on Black leather strap. Looks awesome =)

Reactions: Fab87pz

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
If somebody wants to sell one in EU... I made a topic in the WTB section

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Actually there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well - while i don't want to contradict - i simply have to ask for more details on this my friend!

Is there really a Yellow gold 15400 for the ordinary market available that isn't a piece unique?

I only got the 15450 in yellow gold with its blue tapisserie dial in mind...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
well - while i don't want to contradict - i simply have to ask for more details on this my friend!

Is there really a Yellow gold 15400 for the ordinary market available that isn't a piece unique?

I only got the 15450 in yellow gold with its blue tapisserie dial in mind...

lol, I was not trying to prove you wrong my gentle friend. I posted the short cryptic answer by mistake before completing it and could not edit it on tapatalk, so decided to wait till morning to complete my post.

OK yes you are correct there is NO production yellow gold 15400. 100% true.

I wanted to explain that what I saw once at a gathering in 2016, was a custom piece, which started as a 15400OR black dial, but it has been "converted" to a YG (plated or otherwise) piece, including the hands and dial markers too. I do not know if you could plate RG per se, but the bugger pulled off the project. So your post brought this watch to mind, and I just wanted to share it. My apologies for how my post appeared. To me, that was a genuine custom piece which appeared to be a full yellow gold watch and I remember what the owner said in general but not the details of what was done. That watch was not a rep as it had the gen caliber, proper caseback engravings, proper weight, gen hands and dial etc.

Reactions: Allure

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
lol, I was not trying to prove you wrong my gentle friend. I posted the short cryptic answer by mistake before completing it and could not edit it on tapatalk, so decided to wait till morning to complete my post.

OK yes you are correct there is NO production yellow gold 15400. 100% true.

I wanted to explain that what I saw once at a gathering in 2016, was a custom piece, which started as a 15400OR black dial, but it has been "converted" to a YG (plated or otherwise) piece, including the hands and dial markers too. I do not know if you could plate RG per se, but the bugger pulled off the project. So your post brought this watch to mind, and I just wanted to share it. My apologies for how my post appeared. To me, that was a genuine custom piece which appeared to be a full yellow gold watch and I remember what the owner said in general but not the details of what was done. That watch was not a rep as it had the gen caliber, proper caseback engravings, proper weight, gen hands and dial etc.

If AP is anything like vacheron, they’ll make you whatever you want if you pay them enough. The guy probably had many ap’s and wanted something cool and unique. They would make you a watch in the shape of dumbo with a flapping ears complication if you paid enough...

Reactions: N0tail_ and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If AP is anything like vacheron, they’ll make you whatever you want if you pay them enough. The guy probably had many ap’s and wanted something cool and unique. They would make you a watch in the shape of dumbo with a flapping ears complication if you paid enough...

The flapping ears complication got me laughing lol.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Speaking of that L, I got invited to view the code 11.59 series and I think the sales agent had a hard time convincing even himself that it was a worthy AP to purchase lol

i was supposed to come to that too as I told you. But couldn't make it nor I was enticed to by the showcasing product

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
i was supposed to come to that too as I told you. But couldn't make it nor I was enticed to by the showcasing product

Oh no, I think that has to be a different event. The one I was attended was a private viewing and allocation session for existing VIP boutique clients.
Either way, the result is the same. You cannot change ugliness whether viewing the same watch at one event or another. Nobody I knew ordered the code 11.59 that day, and most of the interest was either on whether there is a "final batch" for the 15400 or the blue dial 15500. It was rather gratifying to see this, to know that we are not the only ones who find this recent release acutely disappointing.