• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

MM070

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/18
SO... I am trying to get a good copy of 15400 V3. My first QC was missing one of the markers, second QC had terrible brushing and crooked logo. My third QC just came in, just one picture thought. I should probably ask for more pics.

Is it me, or the AP logo is falling off LOL. And there is either fingerprint or flaw in the tappesserie.. Are you guys seeing the same thing?

Pc5m0.jpg

Mate i’d green lighted this piece directly :eek::eek:.
What TD is it from?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The AP logo looks strange, I would ask for a straight front picture. The "stain" is probably on the crystal but you can ask to clean it and take another pic. Good luck

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
look like old patch v3. cause the screw is close to the edge. i saw some v3 with correct screw position.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

MrOptional

8/10/18
Tigerdragon, baia64 and others:

You guys were right about fingerprints and reflection on the logo. I got some more pics, and I think front of the watch looks decent. My only concerns is the crown, attaching pic. It's obviously not centered at all. I am not sure if it's worth rejecting over this. Also, never noticed Audemars PiguBt before, LOL.

This is not a V4, is it? legend I don't meant your kind of V4:)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It's a v4 look at the writing look at the "A" the printing is good and the logo is straight as hell accept it. You won't get any better copy

Edit: yours even has even "Piguet" fixxed at the fake deco plate accept it it's one of the best copy's I've ever seen and I see a lot of copy's lol

Reactions: MrOptional

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Hey M,

The dial print does look sharper, but the date font looks thicker. I therefore will have to say that I am in doubt that it is a v4.
I am rather impressed to see the progress of this rep, and other than the hands (when on the wrist), and color of the rotor (gen is yellow gold while rep is rose gold), I do not see any glaring flaw on the v4. I think it is a watch which will pass as gen when on the wrist in the wild, where the majority of the general population is concerned. The finish of the watch is impressive.

MrOptional

8/10/18
Hey guys, so I figured out what factories do with the watches that we reject. They FIX them! Here is why.

I placed an order with TD, first QC watch came without 3 o'clock marker, page 78 of this thread. Also, it had a really small black dot on the minute hand, barely noticeable. I rejected b/c of 3 o'clock missing.

Second QC was a complete crap.

Third QC came back looking good, pics above. Then I noticed a small dot on the minute hand LOL. Then I looked at the back of the watch. Same numbers. So it's the same watch from round 1, just with 3 o'clock index put back on LOL.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Hey M,

The dial print does look sharper, but the date font looks thicker. I therefore will have to say that I am in doubt that it is a v4.
I am rather impressed to see the progress of this rep, and other than the hands (when on the wrist), and color of the rotor (gen is yellow gold while rep is rose gold), I do not see any glaring flaw on the v4. I think it is a watch which will pass as gen when on the wrist in the wild, where the majority of the general population is concerned. The finish of the watch is impressive.

Gen is not yellow gold anymore:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...89#msg_7552641

AP%2015400%20caseback_zpsllmzcfch.jpg

clearly rose gold. Gen blue from 2018 is one of the best blues ive ever seen the rep comes not even close to the dynamic of the dial.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think lightings in pics can be misleading. Here is a pic of my gen K series 2018 ROO rotor. It is yellow gold and the case is rose gold. I do not think there is a difference between the 15400 rotor and the ROO one.
5161ba212be95e33761d78c94a2ae03e.jpg

But whatever gold you call it, there is a marked visual difference between the gen rotor tone and the rep one. I have seen enough side by side to ascertain that.

It is a difference you need to see in person side by side to understand. Pics taken from the net will not necessarily tell the true story but your eyes will never lie. My personal preference is in fact for the rotor of the gens to be rose gold (like the tone of the rep).
I will be the first one to be happy if what you say is true. But of my 10+ AP gens, none of them have a rose gold rotor. 3 of them are 2018 pieces. I have the actual products in hand to compare. But I will be happy if what you say is true!
Maybe mech500 can chime in. He owns the 2018 15400 gen if I recall. I am 100% the color of the rotors differ between rep and gen no matter what color gold you call it.
I also agree with you that the 2018 blue dial is gorgeous and I hope that the rep blue dial color can be updated too.
If wishes were fishes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yeah can be i saw the gen 2015/2016 ones with yellow gold but the 2018 looked different maybe AP use different tons? They updated the dials etc maybe the rotor too? Would be nice if mech could check it.

From the V4 i like the black the most at the moment because blue looks still not "good" compared to my V2. But if i need black is the other question :D still hunting for the 15202 :D

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yeah can be i saw the gen 2015/2016 ones with yellow gold but the 2018 looked different maybe AP use different tons? They updated the dials etc maybe the rotor too? Would be nice if mech could check it.

From the V4 i like the black the most at the moment because blue looks still not "good" compared to my V2. But if i need black is the other question :D still hunting for the 15202 :D

I agree that black is the one for the v4 (if you are comparing the 2018 blue vs the current rep blue hah).. for the 15202, I guess it is THE royal oak to own no doubt. How much are they going for in your region?

Reactions: Allure