• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

anthonygold

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/18
if he doesnt care, he doesnt care either way. but better for him to know about them, so he doesnt look like an idiot if he ever tries to pass it as a gen... just trying to help. cheers

I don’t notice it, but then again these pictures are super magnified
Plus I would never try to pass a rep as a gen, I tell my friends straight out it’s a rep, don’t feel the need to be that guy with 15k on his wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anthonygold

15/3/18
people need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves unless requested. the guy already has the watch and loves it, now you come along pointing out things that he might not even care about.

Thanks but don't worry I know these are reps and therefore not perfect, and besides the indecies are on a pivot (they have a notch in middle which holds them to dial) when I take it for a service I can get my guy to straighten it, it's not an major issue.

And I'm not trying to pass these off as gens, to be honest not sure who would especially if they dont fall under the NWBIG (pams or subs, or mainly anything with a closed case-back) as anyone who looks at it and knows the slightest about watches will see the movement is completely wrong.

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
https://image.ibb.co/k4VbH7/890_DACD...DBCFB66_C6.jpg

A huge chunk of the stainless steel finishing just pealed off when I was washing my hand. I’m very confused lol. Is the finishing effect just wrapped on to the metal or something rather than polished on to the metal? This is so bizzare, have any of you guys had anything like this happen?

Last edited:

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
Ughhh wth... :confused:

I’m so confused. How??? Lol. Is it just like a weak applied coating to mimic the finishing of AP? If this is how AP reps are going to be, I’m sticking to Rolexes and omegas. I’ve never in my life had something like this happen to a watch. Even a cheap toy watch.

Sandman0209

24/11/11
Is there specific changes between the v2J and v3?
I see that:
1. The channel around the Audemars is improved
2. Bolder minute indices

anything else?
I could not really understand the difference in the back rotor.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I was kinda hoping they would shave the caseback to make it gen thickness (as per Louie’s mod). The rep is around 10% thicker than gen and that makes it feel completely different from the original Audemars design intent. If Louie can mod it, than the factories should be able to as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Thanks for the v3 confirmation. I'm personally much more concerned about crooked markers and this one is pretty good. I will be accepting the watch :)

Same shit happened with my 150 € quartz version but NEVER on the expensive JF version. I actually thought it is brushed so how the hell can it "fall" from the steel.

Edit: Can a mod put the two postings together? Seems like they was a error with database and i thought it was not going through.

Reactions: HansNfranZZZ

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
Same shit happened with my 150 € quartz version but NEVER on the expensive JF version. I actually thought it is brushed so how the hell can it "fall" from the steel.

Edit: Can a mod put the two postings together? Seems like they was a error with database and i thought it was not going through.

I have no idea either. Waiting for my dealer to respond to my email.

heres a close up shot of it

https://image.ibb.co/f89AUn/D01489_BA_A981_44_BB_B6_DB_928_EB220_F8_C1.jpg

jakekrait

19/1/17
Here are some GEN pictures for reference (blue dial):

zNbsAaA.jpg

xzNzp4T.jpg

HQdrBum.jpg

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
totally agree with mech500 why cant the factories focus on shaving the caseback on this beauty, it can surely be accommodated.

although there is legend who can do this mod for folks interested. Hes an AP enthusiast

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Do you think JF will be getting out rose gold V3 15400s blue face with the actual V3 blue dial nowadays?