• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 Gen vs Rep side by side Video

CoconutLover92

Horology Curious
17/11/16
Nice find! I never noticed before, but it looks like the balance wheel on the miyota movement is in a completely different position than the gen.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Man that is so impressive and very close. TBH I cant even tell

Which is the gen? I thought it was the one on the right with the plastic but the minute markers are f**ked up and disappearing on some.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Nice find! I never noticed before, but it looks like the balance wheel on the miyota movement is in a completely different position than the gen.

I'm not sure which version is both black and silver, I just wait for Real V2 , JF bought Gen Blue , will see 1:1 for sure but when I don know

Sent from the RWI mobile app

CoconutLover92

Horology Curious
17/11/16
In the white v white comparison gen is on the left at the start of the video, when he placed them on top of each other, gen is on the bottom

jkru12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/16

I'm not a watch expert so could someone explain why that is? Is there a reason they can't rotate the movement to mirror the gen position?

E92VS

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/6/14
Thank you for sharing. Definitely useful.

CoconutLover92

Horology Curious
17/11/16
I'm not a watch expert so could someone explain why that is? Is there a reason they can't rotate the movement to mirror the gen position?

I imagine it's to do with how the crown and winding stem are positioned in the movement. They can't rotate the movement without rotating where the crown comes out of the watch case. They'd have to completely re-engineer the movement, design their own, or clone the AP 3120 movement

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
This a one off vid or is there more / other comparisons he has done ? like a youtube channel if you follow me

xoredkiller

Looking Around
13/8/16
The
Man that is so impressive and very close. TBH I cant even tell

Which is the gen? I thought it was the one on the right with the plastic but the minute markers are f**ked up and disappearing on some.
The gen is on the left,the one covered with plastic with the tags on is the rep

apottedplant

6/6/12
This a one off vid or is there more / other comparisons he has done ? like a youtube channel if you follow me

You can search 'ZF?', which mean ZF factory.

There are some other comparison and review videos on *edit* youku, which is China's YouTube.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
The
The gen is on the left,the one covered with plastic with the tags on is the rep

Yep I figured. The gen they have uses the old "skinny" markers. I think I will keep my v1 white dial. It looks amazing. The v2s all suffer from the missing minute markers on the dial which is quite easy fix not sure why they havent done it yet.

15400 is scary close to the real deal.

Mr Smith

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/3/17
They are some differences that I noticed ,case back thickness, engraving on the clasp, rotor, as mentioned above ,balance wheel placement...seen some with dial flaws But jeez this is so close it's crazy. 15 years ago reps was junk. now there so close to gen it's crazy
No one but us know any differences.
JF is off the hook

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
All I care about is the minute markers. Fix that and it's near enough to gen for me.

aphuntla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/16
All I care about is the minute markers. Fix that and it's near enough to gen for me.
I can't unsee the minute marker flaw now.
Initially it was just the annoying oversized rectangle with the text "Automatic" that was holding me back.