• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

j12 sub c is the new king of 116610

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
""ive come to the conclusion that the j12 has amazing perfect sels,but that is all.so my personal evaluation is the v3 noob is still better,and they are the same price .but its way way better than a bp sub c""

i wrote the same...

but when i've read the title on tread, i was thinking for an top class piece... :rolleyes:

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
j12 has copied the noob v2 dial,and the insert and pearl has been copied from a v3 noob.

So it's a replica of a replica in some respects. Guess that's one way to save a few thousand bucks. The Noob V3 looks much better to me overall.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
""ive come to the conclusion that the j12 has amazing perfect sels,but that is all.so my personal evaluation is the v3 noob is still better,and they are the same price .but its way way better than a bp sub c""

i wrote the same...

but when i've read the title on tread, i was thinking for an top class piece... :rolleyes:

Maybe my eyes aren't calibrated the same... but the dealer (ryan) photos of the j12 ceramic bezel are unacceptable. I don't see how it's better than the BP Sub C... BP paint usually only has one or two visible defects...

I'd like to see some J12 in the wild... in my eyes, they're number 3 on the list.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
Maybe my eyes aren't calibrated the same... but the dealer (ryan) photos of the j12 ceramic bezel are unacceptable. I don't see how it's better than the BP Sub C... BP paint usually only has one or two visible defects...

I'd like to see some J12 in the wild... in my eyes, they're number 3 on the list.

gbxx... i put just an pics that confirms the poor quality of the bezel.

it is bad rep for me too , my thought is evident ...:rolleyes:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
well that dirt on the j12 insert is qc.they won't all be like that

phoey1

Known Member
16/1/11
What im excited about is J12 coming into the market. Their first attempt maybe below noob's current offering but they listen and will improve. I have no doubt they will produce a submariner which is better than noob's offerings. They did it with the AP diver.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
exactly these j12 are on there first version and got the lugs and sel perfect also the crown logo on clasp amazing,unlike noob or anyother rep ive ever seen.but if noob can make the lugs sharp on the inside edge and the sel sharp also recessed like j12,and fix the clasp logo its game over,ill be very happy ,the v4 cannot really be improved much more maybe refine the rehaut engravings,and make the case dimensions same as gen so we can use 3135 or yukkis,and better brushing

phoey1

Known Member
16/1/11
ive got a feeling that noob v4 will bring in big improvements to the bracelet and sel fit. Look at the new noob DSSD, that has shown noob has part manufacturers capable of making great SEL fitment.

Issue is noob is so slow in production of new releases. By the time they get v4 out, J12 will be on v3.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
yes the dssd sel showing they are capable,but im happy j12 is in the game,i wonder if bp up there game aswell because they are lagging way behind

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
So it's a replica of a replica in some respects. Guess that's one way to save a few thousand bucks. The Noob V3 looks much better to me overall.

Yup. J12 usually does this. Also remember that j12, noob, bp factory etc are just big umbrella term for a grouping of different dial factories, insert makers etc etc, so I'm not surprised at all that there are what look essentially like noob dials on this j12.

stevejones

27/1/14
the watches that are produced nowadays are very good reps , but they still have little flaws which are perfectly acceptable and not noticeable to an untrained eye ( like mine ) .

I just wonder why the factories don't come on to a site like this to consult with some of the eagle eyed forum members as to how they can improve there watches to be more exact , instead of have to keep making little adjustments and have v6, v7, v8, etc .

it may take more time than usual to get a watch right , but once they have everything right , everyone would buy from that factory and they would have all the business .

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=176851

they should compare the way they make them gen v rep like what zocker has done in this thread and then it would be possible to produce an almost perfect rep in my opinion

D

d4m.test

J12 has an excellent reputation: to improve or to loose. If they have upped their qc and most released watches have everything well centered, smooth threads and don´t fall apart it´s already a big step. The pictured ceramic bezel is not the final one that will be shipped so this is an open card. Not sure about the crownguards yet, the crown itself looks very sharp imo. Win or fail will come down to the dial quality when members have it in hands.
From the Noob V3´s first batch I have seen 2 out of 10 were hugely impressive, the other 8 either had mixed up parts or something was unaligned, could be related to phone-pics quality as well.
It´s Summertime, let 10 out of 10 be otb waterproof to at least 30m as a distinguishing factor, circulate it among members and You have a new winner in the rep-game, as simple as that.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
the only issue with the j12 dial is the crown on the dial is an exact copy of the crown on the gen mklll.so should not be on this mkll dial,but the print looks amazing and bold compared to the noob dial

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
also the j12 dial has oyster perpetual date in the correct position,unlike the noob dial

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
the watches that are produced nowadays are very good reps , but they still have little flaws which are perfectly acceptable and not noticeable to an untrained eye ( like mine ) .

I just wonder why the factories don't come on to a site like this to consult with some of the eagle eyed forum members as to how they can improve there watches to be more exact , instead of have to keep making little adjustments and have v6, v7, v8, etc .

it may take more time than usual to get a watch right , but once they have everything right , everyone would buy from that factory and they would have all the business .

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=176851

they should compare the way they make them gen v rep like what zocker has done in this thread and then it would be possible to produce an almost perfect rep in my opinion

Bro, it ain't easy/cheap to design and set up machinery/tooling to build to exact Swiss tolerances. That's why it takes any replica maker various design iterations (v1,2,3 etc). For certain items, improving the manufacturing tolerance by 0.01mm can result in a 50% increase in the items cost (maybe more). Then it's becomes debatable whether it's worth buying a rep over gen. So it's very difficult to produce a true 100% 1:1 rep, made using Swiss manufacturing techniques, whilst keeping the watch cost effective. I mean would anyone buy a factory rep for £2000?

carbon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/12
Would love to see actual delivered pics of one of these? Are these really available now?

stevejones

27/1/14
mech , no one will notice a 0.01 mm fault , so I am not talking about engineering on them lines .

I am talking about getting stuff right like on zockers thread . getting it right from the beginning , type of font used , shape of lugs , getting the cg shape right . if they can make a v3 sub look the way it does , it's just improving , more detail , good engineering , good forging , mathematics from the beginning .

stevejones

27/1/14
I see what you are saying though mech , that these factories are already on the limit of there engineering capabilities .

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
It's those 0.01 mm tolerances on the machines/moulds/etc that makes a difference. There are too many variables at play when trying to make the perfect rep. Like I said before, reps arent designed, built and assembled under one big factory. It's a complex relationship between many different makers, all with different capabilities, machinery, constraints, skills and whatnot. Maybe one factory can make the perfect insert and bezel, but they can't make enough so they have to go with another factory which isn't as on point; maybe that bezel factory doesn't fit the case they were expected to us; and then maybe another factory refuses to supply rep makers anymore and on and on. This is all happening while trying to avoid the attention of the authorities.

Sure we're all annoyed when something that seems so simple to fix isn't fixed, but I think rep makers are doing quite well. Infact I think quality of rep makers are very close to finding the perfect balance point between cost and capabilities in this increasingly illegal industry.

But hey, I think the fact these flaws exists makes these forums more fun :)