• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 Grand Prix Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
An A3120 that cannot be regulated. What good is that?

I think the auto translate is pretty clear. It's the decorated plate version, same as my ceramic diver has. The plate which holds the false jewel on top of the balance assembly is held by 2 stubby screws, stubby because if they were longer, they'd foul further down. For timing adjustment, the plate has to be removed which a quick QC dept won't bother to do, to get at the real adjuster.
It can be adjusted, just not rapidly like a standard movement because of the hassle of the screws. Mine was running quite fast on my wrist, but I've now got it to +3secs per day and have put the plate back on.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I really do not see the point of these deco plates. Except for a few PAMs, they really do not make a rep movement appear gen. Always some part of the rep movement sticking out from underneath. Plus the headache with servicing these decorated movement. The A7750 is hard enough to service without adding the complication of additional stubby screws, that will probably break first, and have no replacement in the Western world.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
How could those photos be JF? There is no forged carbon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
I really do not see the point of these deco plates. Except for a few PAMs, they really do not make a rep movement appear gen. Always some part of the rep movement sticking out from underneath. Plus the headache with servicing these decorated movement. The A7750 is hard enough to service without adding the complication of additional stubby screws, that will probably break first, and have no replacement in the Western world.

I'm fine with decorations. I think the HUB4100, AT8500, and decorated PAMs are very nice. It may not be completely gen-like but it's nice to be able to flip over your rep and admire the effort, rather than flip over your rep and instantly flip it back because of the swirly bog standard ETA clone.

And honestly, the AP gen movements themselves are pretty underwhelming for the price. We gawk over close up CG renders online but every time I've seen it in person, it's been, hmm, that's it?

nirvana0001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/10
How could those photos be JF? There is no forged carbon?

Probably just the lighting. From what I've read on here, RG and watchbus in the past few months, JF is the only factory remaking the GP.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Probably just the lighting. From what I've read on here, RG and watchbus in the past few months, JF is the only factory remaking the GP.

Lol no way, that's the Noob version...

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Definitely not JF GP. A chance they're reusing Noob old parts but what about the new dials shown earlier? They just scrapped it? There was a bit of update on those dials so it just doesn't make sense.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
A little bird told me JF is coming out with the Ruben Barrichello franchise before the GPs, sorry. But even the JF RBs will be probably delayed.

jpohl402

10/7/12
Funny how the translate works, huh DonSL?
It just ...doesn't translate... Lol

ukbondraider

20/9/14
Both the RB and the GP are closed caseback. Therefore no point in either having decorated plates.

Not sure if Watchbus was referring to decorative plates for GP or other ROOs.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Both the RB and the GP are closed caseback. Therefore no point in either having decorated plates.

RB is.. GP isn't... well, not from the pictures I've seen..

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
APGrandPrixRoseGoldLimited600Pieces8.jpg

588_Audemars_Piguet_Royal_Oak_Offshore_Rubens_Barrichello_II_Platinum_05.jpg

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11

The Singapore GP is closed, the GP is open

APGP8.jpg

ukbondraider

20/9/14
Ok my mistake. Thought it was closed caseback.

In general I do think decorated plates make a rep more desirable. I would probably pick up the GP if the plates turn out good. I would have otherwise probably passed on the GP.

Not sure whether I would replace my current collection for the decorated plate equivalent given the hassle involved.

J_North

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/15
A little bird told me JF is coming out with the Ruben Barrichello franchise before the GPs, sorry. But even the JF RBs will be probably delayed.
So it is true that new RBs are in the pipeline? I know it'll take months if not longer, and you never know for sure with China/replicas, but if it really is the case I'm excited!

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
The Rubens I can appreciate it is coming but if I am looking at it; it is really nice and good but if I could choose the GP over the RB. The RG Rubens is also nice but if I would choose between the RG RB and the RG 15400 I would choose the 15400.

My want list is:
1. AP J12 FC GP
2. AP J12 RG 15400 leather band
3. AP J12 SS 15400 bracelet
4. Perhaps also a AP J12 RG GP

TheDonSL

28/12/13
1. AP Sincere JF
2. AP Ruben III JF
2. AP GP Platinum Forged Carbon JF
3. AP GP Forged Carbon JF

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
RB is closed, GP is open case back

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
1. AP Sincere JF
2. AP Ruben III JF
2. AP GP Platinum Forged Carbon JF
3. AP GP Forged Carbon JF

That's not far off my mini list..
1 - AP Sincere if the sort out the bezel!
2 - AP GP FC
3 - AP RG Schumi or RG RB

Status
Not open for further replies.