• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 AP ROO Grand Prix - Platinum, Forged Carbon & RG

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
[MENTION=51261]wooky492[/MENTION] will you guys be offering 2xAR option?
Hi M,
Just read the post and it seems the consensus is to upgrade the crystal despite my understanding that the j12 crystal is already pretty good.
I will contact prof to see if he can bulk supply us his crystals and if we get any savings, we will try to reflect the saving on the final price.
Cheers
Peter

wooky492

21/9/12
I also would like to go have double AR.

But what i am wondering will you make a 95% 1:1 rep (what is needed) and a 99% 1:1 rep (for very anally precise people) version?

and what price range should we think of? I suppose the most anal version is probably below zorro gp price. But could give price expectations?

I actually don't need a gen GP strap for this as i prefer it to be on rubber.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk
Hey mark3,
Good question and i'm sure many here are wondering about that too.
But i will only say this at this stage as we are waiting for admin's decision on giving us right to sell here.

Yes the most anal version would be cheaper than the z-gp but it will have to wait.
And we will offer upgrade from the 'very good(VG)' version to 'anal' version for those who ordered the VG version when parts for them are ready.
But honestly the VG version will be still very nice. ;-)
Also it will be more affordable as we aim to supply more than very exclusive numbers.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Hi M,
Just read the post and it seems the consensus is to upgrade the crystal despite my understanding that the j12 crystal is already pretty good.
I will contact prof to see if he can bulk supply us his crystals and if we get any savings, we will try to reflect the saving on the final price.
Cheers
Peter
Awesome! I think the AR lovers will be happy [emoji2]

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Hey mark3,
Good question and i'm sure many here are wondering about that too.
But i will only say this at this stage as we are waiting for admin's decision on giving us right to sell here.

Yes the most anal version would be cheaper than the z-gp but it will have to wait.
And we will offer upgrade from the 'very good(VG)' version to 'anal' version for those who ordered the VG version when parts for them are ready.
But honestly the VG version will be still very nice. ;-)
Also it will be more affordable as we aim to supply more than very exclusive numbers.

That is good news, I am really looking forward to this but I am just hoping the budget permits :)

Looking forward to seeing what you guys put out!

wooky492

21/9/12
You did not read the first post didn't you? No comparison to modded GPs. :facepalm:
Haha yes i remember my first post too. ;-)
No comparison between modded GPs.
Please remember, zorro has created something we could not have imagined before. It was a truely a master piece and gave many of us including me and Chris a motivation to attempt something like this.

Some parts we may achieve better results and in other parts zorro's gp will be always better.

Chris and I only strive to better his gp but it will be a long road to say the least... if it is possible at all.

So in a nutshell,this post is about any of us attempting to create their own version of gen-like GP.

;-)

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Lol [emoji1]

Te most important thing is that it is better than the factories, and that it will be! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wooky492

21/9/12
Lol [emoji1]

Te most important thing is that it is better than the factories, and that it will be! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly! It will be 1000x better than J12. [emoji6] [emoji106]

wooky492

21/9/12
Refinished FC case

6650ffda426573793db63106f564c807.jpg

Stock j12 on the left. Refinished case on the right.

043ac3fd0a702ea73baba0a4d9349a4c.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Never mind the case let's see the dial :hehehe:

S???R?I?????

wooky492

21/9/12
Hahaha i thought i showed you the dial. Ok let me look

86dded70093304a6963f12bce34973e3.jpg

599715d11586b10cb6113d0e35a1090a.jpg

Compare this with the stock j12 here
bd4cc893e6020a24a9ba0b6229dec82e.jpg

254c7bdf827adf25b992fb50f226296f.jpg

Will post some new photo of the dial with refinished case next to j12 stock.
I've only got old photos. Lol

By the way Printing plate delivered today for a third attempt. :-D

wooky492

21/9/12
And.. for those who are wondering where this is all coming together... ;-)

7dd783842238cc03926efb12025f868d.jpg

These are for rough work and
Of course some of the delicate assembly is done indoor but Chris's indoor is none of your business.
Lol

quelfala

Renowned Member
21/6/13
Ok, that's it. I am definitely be on the 'to buy List' now! Look at the dial! Pop Pop Pop

wooky492

21/9/12
Ok, that's it. I am definitely be on the 'to buy List' now! Look at the dial! Pop Pop Pop
Haha wait until you see it on matte FC case and the all new anodised techy ring. :-D

And it looks better in flesh. ;-)

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Nice work on the dial. Good color as well. It still needs refining in the finishing imo. There's some "pooling" resulting in black spots on the recessed area of the tapisserie. Maybe too thick?

Not sure if it's just the pics.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

wooky492

21/9/12
Nice work on the dial. Good color as well. It still needs refining in the finishing imo. There's some "pooling" resulting in black spots on the recessed area of the tapisserie. Maybe too thick?

Not sure if it's just the pics.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

Thanks for the feedback bro.
It's only final experimentation to test the color.
The final product will definitely be more uniform in color and texture. ;-)

The 'pooling' is a result of uneven surface by the way. At first attempt we borrowed skill of a some sort of semi-pro painter as we thought he will be better than us 'non-painters'. He messed up the dial not only in color but for some reason scratched hell out of it.
Chris was so furious at the guy understandably...

So we are now using the damaged Chris's GP as a guinea pig. LoL