• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 15400 - Edit: Now Available

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
The Watchbus guy is basically saying he's actually a very good dealer and he properly tests all the watches he sells. He's referring to this thread because it was mentioned that he's not a TD here. Something like that anyway. So it's not a new development guys!!

Only thing id take from that guy is the free flowing info he provides :hehehe: Other than that i wouldn't give him the skin of my skitter, never mind drop some green in his bank

JimLahey

Renowned Member
11/6/15
IMO the white dial looks the best. It has a more summery feel to it and also IMO more versatile than the darker dials. Because it does have a little bit of a metallic glimmer to it, it looks stunning in sunlight more so than the blue and black dials. I've seen a gen 15400 on a customer of mine. WOW! Amazing watch. I like the blue dial but for me the white dial steals the show. Different strokes for different folks.
:balloon:

ROLEX1675UAE

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/10/15
IMO the white dial looks the best. It has a more summery feel to it and also IMO more versatile than the darker dials. Because it does have a little bit of a metallic glimmer to it, it looks stunning in sunlight more so than the blue and black dials. I've seen a gen 15400 on a customer of mine. WOW! Amazing watch. I like the blue dial but for me the white dial steals the show. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm whit you, the withe dial for me is hands down the best color (IMHO) the blue is my second favourite, and in black i have too many rollie :)

Farishmy

Renowned Member
29/10/14
Lol, granted the TF colour is nice in its own right but the AP logo is totally wrong. BP has the best logo but the colour is worse than TF IMO. But I'm now waiting for a Lite dial so I can take the BP logo and use it on that and mash up the V6 case and TF CB/movt and god knows what else!! I think I'm losing the plot!!

From my understanding from the TDs BP parts are easy to get. So your plan might come true one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssikon

Known Member
7/10/15
Overall...considering (correct) thickness as first and quality of the rep, would you buy the white TF or the white BP? I don't mind the decorated plate! Sorry but I read tons of posts and I am a bit confused!

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14

I've always found the blue dial more attractive, but now as I see more and more of the white dial, I am starting to fall for it. I think i'll get the 15400 in white dial once a better version comes out and a PP Nautilus blue dial, perfect mix :D

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I've always found the blue dial more attractive, but now as I see more and more of the white dial, I am starting to fall for it. I think i'll get the 15400 in white dial once a better version comes out and a PP Nautilus blue dial, perfect mix :D

Almost full house Genta - just need an IWC Ingineur to complete the set!!

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
I prefer the black dial, even though tis more common and I agree that the blue dial is the best looking, but for me the blue (regardless of the shade or maker) is an instant tell. The gen is quite rare to come by and the AD (at least here) has a 6 month waiting list.

Gangar

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/10/14
its so hard to see but i think the screws are in the right size

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
As people have pointed out, the movement has a decorative plate and the case back is at least 1.5mm thicker than the TF.

Ssikon

Known Member
7/10/15
The movement seems really smooth... I am a little concerned about the thickness of the backplate...but....what a shines!!

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
As people have pointed out, the movement has a decorative plate and the case back is at least 1.5mm thicker than the TF.
Honestly I don't think the 'thickness' really bothers you... You're looking for improvements in other parts, then start the JOB ;)
Youre the king of mash-ups, lol