• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Top Gun Pilot

SJS329

Horology Curious
9/2/24
I just got this 326901 form JTime - great service .
V7F factory with 2892 movement. I am no expert but seems to be well made - good enough for me at least....

Question : Can this thing get wet ? I don't plan on diving in the Keys with it... but what is typical ? Wear it in shower no issues ? Quick swim in the pool ?
I don't see myself getting it tested.... just curious what the general consensus is. Thanks to all.

Cheers

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
As with most reps, assume none and you won’t have any issues.

Reactions: SJS329

sorginator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/23
You can definitely read about this but I'll summarize what I've read: A long time ago when the quality of reps weren't that good, the pieces wouldn't really fit together properly so there was no way to make them waterproof. Now that the quality has improved dramatically, the tolerances are much closer, so they can be waterproofed. I put it that way because nobody trusts waterproofing on replicas. You'll need to have a watchmaker do a waterproofing job on it, or do it yourself by changing and lubing up the o-rings. I would be extremely cautious of getting them anywhere near water.

sorginator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/23
Are you sure this is V7F, I thought they did not make this model?
I'm not 100% sure about this specific model, but I'm pretty sure the biggest players for IWC pilot watches are ZF and V7F. I think ZF uses the Miyota 9015, and the IWC uses the 2892, so considering that it's being advertised with the eta clone, it would make me think it's a V7F. Take this with a grain of salt though

Reactions: Everett270

Everett270

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/4/15
US
I'm not 100% sure about this specific model, but I'm pretty sure the biggest players for IWC pilot watches are ZF and V7F. I think ZF uses the Miyota 9015, and the IWC uses the 2892, so considering that it's being advertised with the eta clone, it would make me think it's a V7F. Take this with a grain of salt though
I'm pretty well aware of the major players, but I hadn't looked at Jtime's website. He is the only TD who lists a V7F version of this watch that I've seen, but the movement pictures incorrectly show a Breitling movement. I would love if the OP could share what he sees if he ever removes the caseback, as I have the ZF version of this and love everything except the 9015 movement. I just find it a bit odd that if there is a V7F, it has never been mentioned as far as I can tell on RWI, just the ZF and M+F.

SJS329

Horology Curious
9/2/24
If I get the case opened I will report back.... J Time sold it as V7F.... that's all I know at this time....
thanks

Reactions: Everett270