• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Top Gun 3789 Arrived DOA

Santana

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/2/13
So I finally received my first rep order today from Toro Bravo, unfortunately the IWC Top Gun 3789 V3 arrived DOA. I am new at the rep business so I was hoping that more experienced members can maybe help me get the rep working.

As soon as I received the rep, which looks and feels fantastic, I put it on to wind it with normal wrist movement but I noticed that there was absolutely no movement, I set the correct time and date and continued to wear it for about 20 more minutes and still no movement...The rep looks awesome but it's not working...I might have received a "dud" and I hope Toro Bravo can fix it or replace it...I already email and PM him, the problem is that he is probably out for a couple of weeks due to CNY...

Is there anything that I can do to try to get it to work?
:wyliehelp:

Thank you for you help

eudora12

26/2/12
have you tried winding it by the crown? or give it a good shake?
some people have said that hitting it against the palm of your hand a few times gets it going

B3ard

17/10/12
Haha, I've done the hitting it against the palm of your hand thing so many times. Give it a go! It worked on one of my lower end rolex models :p

If that doesn't work, then yeah, try just unscrewing the crown and winding it counter clockwise. If no dice, just get one reshipped :)

Santana

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/2/13
Thank you for your suggestions, I tapped it lightly against my palm and I got it to work, I'm testing it now to see it it keeps time accurately.

I heard that the Asian ETAs are somewhat delicate and tend to malfunction if you don't use them properly, so what is the proper way to use the chronograph function on this rep?

Thank you

Aquilae

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/13
so what is the proper way to use the chronograph function on this rep?
The proper way is to not use the chrono function on an A7750 :)

If you want to, I'd suggest swapping it for a real ETA 7750.

Santana

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/2/13
So it looks like I am SOL with this one, it worked fine for a few hours and then it totally stopped and now seems dead...I can't get it to go at all. I've already emailed Toro but he is probably out due to CNY...so I'm waiting for him to get back and let me know how to proceed...I was looking forward to wear it tonight but it is already bad I would be wearing a rep, now I would have to wear a non-functioning rep!

gordie

Horology Curious
10/10/12
Mine also arrived DOA back in November - I sent it off to Wiz for a full service and it arrived back today.

Working great so far, top service :)

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Wind it a few turns by the crown.

Don't set the date between 10 and 4, and don't reset the chrono when the hands are not between 10 and 2 on the dial.

Santana

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/2/13
can you send me Wiz's contact info pplease? where is he located? east coast? thx much

Mine also arrived DOA back in November - I sent it off to Wiz for a full service and it arrived back today.

Working great so far, top service :)

Santana

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/2/13
I followed all the rules and got it work for a while and then it just stopped working and now it doesn't work at all...

Wind it a few turns by the crown.

Don't set the date between 10 and 4, and don't reset the chrono when the hands are not between 10 and 2 on the dial.

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Wiz is in France, he has a section here.

Santana

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/2/13
So after many emails with TD, we agreed that I would send the rep to a local trusted watchmaker from the forum, if the repair is minimal then I will cover the cost and the TD will provide me a discount on my next order; if the repair is major then the rep will have to go back to it's motherland...I already sent it to a local watchmaker trusted in the forum so I will post an update when I hear back from him in 3-4 weeks :(

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Isnt Toro, accepting this as a faulty item, thus receiving back and replacing?

7750 works like 7753 basicaly as i know.

Its not bad to work the chrono once in a while.