• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC reference, reviews, comparisons, pictorials & more

wiremonkey

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/6/14
Hey guys.

Where would be a good dealer to get iwc fa jones? Any to reccomend?

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
Great list! Thanks!

I was wondering if the Mark XVI V2 was a big improvement to the v1. I prefer the XVI over XVII because of the datewheel and I want a smaller watch.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Great list! Thanks!

I was wondering if the Mark XVI V2 was a big improvement to the v1. I prefer the XVI over XVII because of the datewheel and I want a smaller watch.

Basically they improved:

1. dial
2. datewheel
3. AR (inconsistent improvement, some v2 had no AR at all, however I would strongly advised an aftermarket AR)
4. crown, slimmer on v2 (inconsistent improvement, some v2 had a thicker crown)

If you like the watch go for it, once you have a v2 dial you are all set imho...crown, datewheel and AR are not big concerns as fairly inexpensive if you want to go gen or aftermarket.

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
Basically they improved:

1. dial
2. datewheel
3. AR (inconsistent improvement, some v2 had no AR at all, however I would strongly advised an aftermarket AR)
4. crown, slimmer on v2 (inconsistent improvement, some v2 had a thicker crown)

If you like the watch go for it, once you have a v2 dial you are all set imho...crown, datewheel and AR are not big concerns as fairly inexpensive if you want to go gen or aftermarket.

Thanks for the tip mate, will be going for one!

joshualow_

19/2/13
Is the Portofino any good to get? Looking at the basic black dial with black strap one.

lolimsoasd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/15
Thanks for this, was looking for some IWC info as I'm maybe buying one and this on helped me out.

Cheers.

Vanilla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/14
Thanks for this thread, was about to post a thread but found my answer here.

Niocsag

Known Member
10/12/15
Thx a lot, I was just looking for an IWC rep, there are so many interesting models. I am going to learn more

giatch

Looking Around
3/2/16
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Anyone know who the best dealers are for the IWC Portuguese 7-day watches are?
Website links?
[/FONT]

omegasouth

Horology Curious
3/5/16
Thank you for this essential and educational post!

Question..I see no Petit Price editions in the "worth mentioning" list. None of them are good enough? I read good things in the specific threads of the 3777.

Thanks!