• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Portuguese 500710 ZF V5

bavarex

Omega collector/watchmaking
3/4/21
EU / CAN
Hi Archie_Bunker , how was your experience buying the gen strap? I bought the ZF as a present to my dad and now he's looking for a gen strap as well. Did you go through their concierge or in shop? Did they bother you as you didn't have the gen or a gen serial?

Thanks and merry Christmas :)

I dont know how it's in other parts of the world, but here in central Europe ADs in IWC shops always want to adjust the strap for you. So at least at this point they get the watch in their hands. Was asking once in the shop and they told me i have to come over with my watch and they will link the new matching strap. Maybe it's easier to get a gen strap at they grey market.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I dont know how it's in other parts of the world, but here in central Europe ADs in IWC shops always want to adjust the strap for you. So at least at this point they get the watch in their hands. Was asking once in the shop and they told me i have to come over with my watch and they will link the new matching strap. Maybe it's easier to get a gen strap at they grey market.

Thanks mate
I actually bought the watch for my father and was able to buy him the gen gen strap from the IWx website

I think it really depends on the country. A few months ago in his country you could only purchase through phone and then suddenly it was possible to buy online. Delivery was ridiculously fast, like 24 or 48h