• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince by V7F (Swiss ETA 2892, supposedly)

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
I have the blue one and just ordered the black one with ss bracelet too. As long as they are available. By far, one of the best out of the box rep.
Will post pics later.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I have the blue one and just ordered the black one with ss bracelet too. As long as they are available. By far, one of the best out of the box rep.
Will post pics later.

The black one from V7 comes with a wrong bracelet for the model though. Should be fully brushed but its like the LPP with both polished and brushed.

Reactions: mister_mayhem

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
The black one from V7 comes with a wrong bracelet for the model though. Should be fully brushed but its like the LPP with both polished and brushed.

I know that, but i doesn’t bother me. I could brush the bracelet very easily, but i mostly wear the watch on a strap.
Its a greatlooking piece of art.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

From memory the bezel needs brushing too. At least the bracelet is easy to do as every link comes apart on these to brush the polished parts and reassemble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
From memory the bezel needs brushing too. At least the bracelet is easy to do as every link comes apart on these to brush the polished parts and reassemble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, the recent version of this watch has already a brushed bezel.

Reactions: botsyboy

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
So mine arrived with a missing pin holder on one side of the buckle… Sead has been reactive and sourced a new buckle for me. Really want to wear this, it is so beautiful

5ade21feadb712b0132eee306b55e760.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: merowinger

nickelodeon

DIY and vintage enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
5/4/22
I've ordered one for me as well, inspired by this thread. There will be no more this accurate IWC Mark reps available is my gut feeling, since they are switching to a inhouse movement instead of ETA / Selitta base.

centrum

27/7/14
Thanks for the pictures.

I ordered a white dial version by V7 with bracelets based on the general consensus that V7 makes the best Mark 18s', and it's still in transit.

It's interesting that the watch came with a SW 300. I hope it is a gen SW 300, because word on the Chinese street back when Noob was around -- I'm not sure if it's still true today -- is that gen ETAs advertised in reps were mixed with gen and fake parts.

I guess the bracelets have high failure rates. During the first QC process, my dealer replaced the bracelets, because the bracelets failed. But I heard the quality is really great. I hope it's true...

YorkshireDave

Horology Curious
4/2/23
UK
I'm new to both the world of replica watches and also to this forum.
In my quite long search for a new watch I narrowed it down to the MK XVIII Petit Prince with bracelet, and have tried genuine ones quite a few times. I really do love the watch but it was always the price that put me off for what would be a daily wearer. I ended up getting a Casio Oceanus as my daily watch which I also love. You can't beat the accuracy of it syncing with the atomic clock!
So, my discovery of replica watches, and the quality that they now have, means a MK XVIII is a possibility for me.
It would be much appreciated if someone can advise where I should try and get one from and also what movement and manfacturer are considered to be the best.
Many thanks, David

YorkshireDave

Horology Curious
4/2/23
UK
In my quite long search for a new watch I narrowed it down to the MK XVIII Petit Prince with bracelet, and have tried genuine ones quite a few times. I really do love the watch but it was always the price that put me off for what would be a daily wearer. I ended up getting a Casio Oceanus as my daily watch which I also love. You can't beat the accuracy of it syncing with the atomic clock!
So, my discovery of replica watches, and the quality that they now have, means a MK XVIII is a possibility for me.
It would be much appreciated if someone can advise where I should try and get one from and also what movement and manfacturer are considered to be the best.
Many thanks, David

pippo

10/1/10
Many thanks, David
Welcome aboard.

You can buy it from one of the trustworthy dealers listed here on RWI.

As fo the movement, I'd rather choose a A2892 but others may disagree and prefer a Miyota.
However, if you search in this IWC section, you will find plenty of information.

V7 Factory with A2892 is considered one of the best XVIII LPP. Be aware you are purchasing a rep and do not expect perfection.

Reactions: John_Mary

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
I’m salivating over the pics.
It’s going to be my next purchase .

Every agree - I should order on bracelet and pay extra for the leather strap?

AG_OG00

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
8/2/23
FR
Outstanding pics !! just ordered mine, cant wait to have it on the wrist

John_Mary

2/5/15
USA
@pippo
What do you think of the crown on this v7 model?
Looks to be a little more accurate than previous run.

Older V7F

I guess newer batch from V7F:
Smaller crown, not completely flushed like the older batch, there's a bit of spacing when screwed in all the way.

Gen:

pippo

10/1/10
@John_Mary
agreed,
I like that crown a lot, indeed a step forward compared to the previous one.

Perhaps just a bit thinner compared to the gen but it might be the perspective.

Reactions: John_Mary

John_Mary

2/5/15
USA
@John_Mary
agreed,
I like that crown a lot, indeed a step forward compared to the previous one.

Perhaps just a bit thinner compared to the gen but it might be the perspective.

Yea I agree. The crown used to be the biggest tell on these v7 xviii

pippo

10/1/10
So mine arrived with a missing pin holder on one side of the buckle… Sead has been reactive and sourced a new buckle for me. Really want to wear this, it is so beautiful

5ade21feadb712b0132eee306b55e760.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Swiss_goupil
mate, would you please confirm the dealer you bought from?

Thanks!