• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Ingenieur Laureus ?

martinov17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/12
Hi to all
smile.png

Any suggestions for the best deal for IWC ingenieur laureus sport for good foundation ?
Which Trusted dealer ? Asian or swiss ETA ... ?

Thanks
smile.png

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
All dealers can get them. Ask anyone, but if you need a recommendation, Torobravos, Puretime, Trevor, Sora, etc.

I'd say Asian ETA, as the Swiss ones are very expensive, and you don't necessarily get a swiss movement inside.

These are awesome, so don't worry about it. I love mine. They run for about 320 USD.

martinov17

9/2/12
Thanks for quick answer :)
That's what I thought about swiss eta as well.
What is your experience with this IWC ?

trekracer20

29/12/06
Be aware that, as of a few days ago, the Asian ETA version is hard to find, as the factory that makes the rep movement seems to have had a large order to fill for another project. Hopefully these will become available again in the near future though, as I want one too!

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
i personally don't think ETA is worth it. some people do though, so its up to you

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Is it worth to pay 500+ for ETA ?

People here will mostly stay with asian copy, and then the difference in paying for the swiss eta with a little bit of top-up
u can get away that rep croc strap and get the real aftermarket croc strap :)

martinov17

9/2/12
Agree.
I read on others forums that some of asian clones just stop working after a while.
Maybe thats some isolated case, hope that is not common issue.

martinov17

9/2/12
one more thing,
Does anyone had experience with shipment to EU via Spain ?
One of the TD ( Trevor ) offered me this way. Is it same like via UK ?
thanks.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
No personal experience but I heared about this triangle shipping. Some people say it's a bit long in time, about 4 weeks. That's too much! Triangle via UK from InTime/Ryan e.g. lasts 8-10 days door to door China/Germany in my last 2 orders.

Squirt

21/4/13
so far mine is really good! no problems! but my 3 hour marker is abit crooked. oh well.

ajl007

Horology Curious
16/3/14
Does anyone know if any TD have any V2's around? I am struggling to find one...

psychom3

Renowned Member
3/3/09
Going back to the movement issue I have had more problems in the last couple of years with "Swiss" ETAs than with the clones, the only way I will buy the "Swiss" marketed version is if it is the only movement option.