• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Da Vinci Taiwanese maker TW vs Gen

johnying

15/1/14
Hi Guys, am speaking to Lucy regarding this and she recommended the MK model. Have any of you seen/gotten this model? Just want to see how it compares and the difference if any.

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

Larceny

Horology Curious
7/6/18
Hi everyone,

New member here. Got my first rep a month ago (JF AP 37mm). Now looking to get another one - IWC Da Vinci by TW. I read from the OP that it is a super rep but I also noticed that there was a version by MKF. My dealer told me the two are similar.

However, I noticed that the one by MKF is 39mm and the one by TW is 40mm.

Can someone tell me which one is a better Da Vinci rep, TW or MKF?

Thanks.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Hi Guys, am speaking to Lucy regarding this and she recommended the MK model. Have any of you seen/gotten this model? Just want to see how it compares and the difference if any.

Sent from the [video]RWI App[/video]

TW best version

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Hi everyone,

New member here. Got my first rep a month ago (JF AP 37mm). Now looking to get another one - IWC Da Vinci by TW. I read from the OP that it is a super rep but I also noticed that there was a version by MKF. My dealer told me the two are similar.

However, I noticed that the one by MKF is 39mm and the one by TW is 40mm.

Can someone tell me which one is a better Da Vinci rep, TW or MKF?

Thanks.

TW for sure Gen replication don’t trust TDS recommend MK

Sent from the RWI App

Larceny

Horology Curious
7/6/18
So I made an order for the Da Vinci from TW in grey. They sent me the QC pictures and it looked like this (I drew the red arrow):

0wh9DQz.jpg

The 4 is obviously misaligned and too close to the 20 second number mark...I asked them why that is and they said that TW said that all of their Da Vinci models are like that.

That can't be true right? Considering the photos on the web and in the OP here are not like that.

Should I order from somewhere else?

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
Are the straps supposed to be curved or straight, when looking at the hen, it seems to be curved, not straight, thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

stoyania

15/4/16
Larceny did you end up getting another rep or accepted this one? I am also looking at the same watch...thinking if I should order the MKF or TW version...

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Tw best don’t trust TD recommended MK

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Guys Gen Grey not coming with strap only Bracelet so best order the white, I’m waiting Bracelet forever

Socialallure90

Known Member
31/5/18
So do you think The best dial is The white dial one?
Does The tw version has gold numer on The dial?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I don’t know in comparison I shared look super great Rep , when I see Gen pics look yellow gold numeral and hands yesterday will visit AD and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Socialallure90

Known Member
31/5/18
I asked you because i can’t fine the white dial with gold numbers. I put The Da Vinci tw on my wish list and I'm going to tell if it's more gen like the white dial with silver numbers or this one. In face that with the golden numbers I can not find it among the td.

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
Personally, I think every gold rep is flawed, the gold is never the same as genuine gold. I have both the YL 3714 and the Da Vinci by TWF, both suffer from the gold hands being different from gen.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I visit the AD less hour , watch look Rose Gold Correct 100% watch looks perfect and the comparison Olso Correct no worth for Gen the only need take care about glossy customized croco strap Iwill show u my watch when recive my strap

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Personally, I think every gold rep is flawed, the gold is never the same as genuine gold. I have both the YL 3714 and the Da Vinci by TWF, both suffer from the gold hands being different from gen.

We talking about plated RG numeral and Hands only it’s full RG watch , watch looks perfect and correct some photos look yellow I think because high flash cameras
5bded2367e0a8b5c990bfce19244f4aa.jpg