• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It's amazing what $29.00 will but these days!!!>>>

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Here's a Silix $29 buck PO....Well, I've got to confess that I paid $30. for it from a nearby fellow "reppie", but I did save the postage and @ 2 weeks shipping time..!!

The original PO type bracelet it came with was a skosh too snug on my 8.75" gorilla wrist, so I dug this one out of my junk box...There are so many tell tale variances on the watch, a bracelet issue certainly won't hurt much!!

But overall, it ain't too bad!!....:

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

The date, as you can see, starts to change at @ 11:35, and snaps into position at 11:58....

And...I kinda like it with this bracelet a little better than the original, which BTW has hollow end links, a very flimsy(by Omega standards) clasp mechanism, and the word "Seamastei", and no Planet Ocean stamped into it instead of Seamaster...
This one is perhaps destined to become a classic, like the "Galena Shitinerhand" casebacks..???

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
That is cheap ! :)

For the price is it steel ?

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Yes it is S/S...>>>

That is cheap ! :)

For the price is it steel ?
I suspect that somebody found a bunch of 4 or 5 year old early 45.5mm rep PO cases.....My clue is that these have the 20mm vs 22mm lug span that was found on some of the very early 45.5 mm PO offerings.
The dial on these is apparently the same waffle textured one from the QOS variant, without the rest of the QOS features.
By combining what appear to be leftover orphan parts with an inexpensive bracelet, Silix has created what is IMNSFHO, a great buy and maybe even an instant "classic" rep....
Where ELSE will you find a "Seamastei"?? ....;-)...;-)

cratedroppers

12/9/11
I suspect that somebody found a bunch of 4 or 5 year old early 45.5mm rep PO cases.....My clue is that these have the 20mm vs 22mm lug span that was found on some of the very early 45.5 mm PO offerings.
The dial on these is apparently the same waffle textured one from the QOS variant, without the rest of the QOS features.
By combining what appear to be leftover orphan parts with an inexpensive bracelet, Silix has created what is IMNSFHO, a great buy and maybe even an instant "classic" rep....
Where ELSE will you find a "Seamastei"?? ....;-)...;-)

In my house! Its a great bargain and looks stunning! I also picked up another of the special omega's that is smaller in length which suits my smaller wrist abit better and would say that too is a must buy :)

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
:thumbsup:

It looks like it's a rep of a rep.. !

Good reps are about 10% price of a gen... This is 10% price of a good rep!! That's crazy !!:lolcina:

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10

Good reps are about 10% price of a gen... This is 10% price of a good rep!! That's crazy !!:lolcina:

this is funny

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You can't go far wrong at that price! Put it on a NATO, give the seals a grease and it's a great beater. Trust me, few and far between are those who could spot the dial.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
When I see folks paying $200.00..>>>

For a REPLICA crownguard for their Pam, I get an even higher sense of dismay than when I see a fairly nice watch for $30.00!!
After buying and selling virtually hundreds of reps over the past decade, I have pretty much settled in on my "comfort level" on rep pricing at from 3-5% of MSRP..... MAXIMUM!!...I have NO minimum!!...;-)...;-)

We routinely see very decent reps of $8000.-$10000. watches offered in the $150.-$250. range, and that's probably the level at which they should be...

There are folks who will spend the $800-$1000. price for them, but they are often paying waaaaaay too much IMNSFHO!!!

D

d4m.test

It's a good bargain for $30. I have this plus several other Silix "specials." For the price, they're not too shabby; perfect? Of course not, and as TB suggested, "99.999%" of the public will have NO clue.

dave

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
It's funny to think those fashion watches in different color plastic that ripoff the Channel J12 cost as much. This is so much nicer.

stemec2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/11
me too

I bought one as for $30 I couldn't pass it over.
I never noticed the Seamastei strap :facepalm:

The numbers are the wrong colour (should be orange) but that aside I am happy with it.
Yes it has got a 20mm lug spacing but you get a nice looking automatic watch for less than the price of a decent meal !

Its better than the Seamaster bought for twice the price from a recommended dealer ......

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
I have also purcuahsed one, along side one of Silix's Rolex sub's for the same $29 price tag.

Both watches have not arrived yet, but for sure the feedback so far has been good and at $29, I doubt many people would be unhappy, even with the obvious niggles.

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
Just got my Semastei :facepalm: yesterday and I'm super happy with it. Keeps time like a champ so far. I was surprised that the pearl has a lume (albeit weak). I'm wearing it now as I write this post. The bezel may be unsticking, but that will be an easy fix if it happen. I'm planning to swap the bracelet for a Maratac Elite composite strap (20mm) "soon". I haven't had a chance to weigh it yet.

I also picked up the blue Sub. It's still in the wrapping because I'm planning to give it as a gift. I think that one looks good too.

I'm already planning on more purchases from Silix.

Lenny

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/11
Just got my Semastei :facepalm: yesterday and I'm super happy with it. Keeps time like a champ so far. I was surprised that the pearl has a lume (albeit weak). I'm wearing it now as I write this post. The bezel may be unsticking, but that will be an easy fix if it happen. I'm planning to swap the bracelet for a Maratac Elite composite strap (20mm) "soon". I haven't had a chance to weigh it yet.

I also picked up the blue Sub. It's still in the wrapping because I'm planning to give it as a gift. I think that one looks good too.

I'm already planning on more purchases from Silix.

It seems we made the same choices -0 you sir, have great taste!! ;)

out of interest, how long did the watches take to reach you and were are you based? Mine were posted Monday of this week

watchloover

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/10/11
well you can get these for $10 if you know where to look

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
It seems we made the same choices -0 you sir, have great taste!! ;)

out of interest, how long did the watches take to reach you and were are you based? Mine were posted Monday of this week

I accidentally discovered that BOTH watches I purchased have full lume! I don't think they last too long, but I'm shocked they have a lume!! I'm planning to buy another PO, but I want one with a superlume. I want a torch burning all night long. The other two reps I've had in the past are much more quiet, but I don't know if I mind so much.

Edit: I ordered mine on the Nov 11 and received them the 17th. I'm east CONUS.

Blue Sub Shots
_D306941.jpg

_D306942.jpg

_D306943.jpg

_D306944.jpg

_D306945.jpg

Semastei Shots
_D306946.jpg

_D306947.jpg

_D306950.jpg

_D306951.jpg

_D306952.jpg

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
no, not really amazing.
I could think of many other ways to spend my $29.

watchloover

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/10/11
For $29 you can get a blow job and a lol well you know from the local crack hoe lol