• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

its 5 gen this 42 omega planet ocean?

galimanas

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/11/11
i take these pictures from Mary.its 5gen ?

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6529.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

forrestwhite

Known Member
1/10/09
If these are QC photos, I would ask for 1 other one that shows the watch face straight on. That way you can see if the HE valve placement is correct.

Other than that - beautiful watch!

galimanas

Banned
12/11/11
its not QC photos!just ask her if have the new 5 gen and she send me pictures!but she said to me this<Yes, i have it, but i don't want to sell this watch now, since the price is very expensive, and quality is very bad, the tube and stem always broken, i had bad experience.?

i need opinios!she sayd to me to buy only new version 45mm!

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
There is no serial number on the reverse of the lug at the 7 o'clock position. This tends to suggest that it isn't a v5 case.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
If you look closer in this one you can see that there is a serial

IMG_6531.jpg

The tube is a well know problem with the latest POs. You can install a gen one and problem solved! The cost of it is just a few $. This i a must have watch if you ask me!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
V5 = serial # and properly placed HEV
V5.5 = no serial # and HEV that sits too low

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
You're eyesight must be better than mine mate, lol. I am still struggling to see it.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Okay so what do we call the model that has a SN# and HEV that sits too low? V5.25?

They made the V5 with SN# and proper HEV location. Then came out with some with SN# and low HEV and some without SN# and low HEV? I'm confused. :wacko:

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
I can't see the serial # either. Thanks for the info, Q-5. I wasn't aware of the changes in later runs of the 5th gen. I'm glad I scooped up a pair of them when they first hit. What are the differences in the 4th and 5th gen versions??
(Q-5...I've gotten as far as the case back, SEL's, clasp, crown/tube and DW on the 5th gen....I'll finish it one day :)

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Okay so what do we call the model that has a SN# and HEV that sits too low? V5.25?

They made the V5 with SN# and proper HEV location. Then came out with some with SN# and low HEV and some without SN# and low HEV? I'm confused. :wacko:

Hey Q5? If you are confused about these PO's, given your extensive knowledge, then the rest of us have no chance lol

My two cents worth is that if the reps in production are taking a step backwards in their accuracy then we shouldn't refer to them as "v5.anything" because to those people new to this game they might assume it is a better rep due to the increased version number.

What about referring to these current PO's as v4.75? Hey, now I am confused?!?!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Just wait until they release the CrPO's!!!!!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I dont want to ruin that Q, but the according to Mayas the end of the world is coming this year,so i dont think we will see that one :popcorn: lol

edit: @ BADWIN BING Cr=Ceramic