• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It started so simply, and ended so badly - V5 PO damaged dial

Keith_Jagger

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/2/11
save up for the gen dial and hands.. something to look forward to. I think we've all fubar'd something in our hobby one time or another.

+1.... I was thinking the same thing IYSK .... Turn that bad experience into something really special!

SwissOmega

19/5/10
save up for the gen dial and hands.. something to look forward to. I think we've all fubar'd something in our hobby one time or another.

That is definitely the plan, though it is going to be quite a while as funds for nonessentials are quite tight right now.

I am also going to practice on a junker watch removing the dial, hands and other bits, to determine if I end up doing the franken myself or go the pro route.

Likely this will all take place sometime late next year.

yamahatwin

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/5/09
I also have a 5gen Pumpkin PO in 42, exactly the same as your watch. I received the watch 3 month ago and I have the same "hair" or I don't know what kind of shit near the rehaut/dial. The first week, this f**king hair was nice, but now, it came out and bother me!
I don't know why chineese people absolutely wants to sign-off their job with their DNA ;) !!!

So I have to open the watch, and I will take REALLY care by considering your sad experience...

Good luck to repair this absolutely great watch