• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s about time...... 3K Nautilus 5711 incoming

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
http://m.v.qq.com/page/k/0/6/k09479g2bq6.html

My thoughts on 3k's blue dial according to this video
1. Better than or equal to PPF
2. Dial gradient is beautiful, black at the edges, greyish blue at the centre, subtle sunburst
3. Finish looks good though the first pebble link is indeed large, however, negligible in real life
4. I would give it a 8.5 and if the movement was engraved, a 9 out of 10
These are my opinions which obviously could be flawed, but with a healthy discussion, we could reach at a fruitful "conclusion", though there is never really an end to the rep game.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
http://m.v.qq.com/page/k/0/6/k09479g2bq6.html

My thoughts on 3k's blue dial according to this video
1. Better than or equal to PPF
2. Dial gradient is beautiful, black at the edges, greyish blue at the centre, subtle sunburst
3. Finish looks good though the first pebble link is indeed large, however, negligible in real life
4. I would give it a 8.5 and if the movement was engraved, a 9 out of 10
These are my opinions which obviously could be flawed, but with a healthy discussion, we could reach at a fruitful "conclusion", though there is never really an end to the rep game.

I do like the dial, not that bad.
What I don’t like most is the bottom part of the case with the first link space and the first link of the braclet too big. That makes the case slot too close to the caseback.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
In the video on top it shows 8.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes .

Believe what experienced members here tell you.
Not what you read on a TD site.

They are honorable suppliers, but not experts on watches. Trusty's site states "Miyota 8015 " which it isn't.

Reactions: Lizandro

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Okay so what am I missing...in the video shared above, when he set the time he had to wind it counterclockwise..I thought one of the main purposes of a clone movement was to be able to set the time clockwise, as per gen. No?

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Okay so what am I missing...in the video shared above, when he set the time he had to wind it counterclockwise..I thought one of the main purposes of a clone movement was to be able to set the time clockwise, as per gen. No?

Most Gens , including the PP set the time anti clockwise . very few movements set clockwise.
The main purpose of a clone movement is to be as similar as possible to the Gen it is emulating.

Last edited:

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
How do you pick if you want the blue dial without the boxed logo? As all the ones on the TD's currently show it boxed, but I'd prefer one where the logo is just stamped without the change to the dial?

BIONONE

28/4/17
How do you pick if you want the blue dial without the boxed logo? As all the ones on the TD's currently show it boxed, but I'd prefer one where the logo is just stamped without the change to the dial?

3KF, PF, MKF, GRF and old JHF models got the "old" logo without the box around the print.

It all depends on your preferences... If you are more after color compared to the Gen or finish of the hour markers, overall appearance or what not... There are so many things to keep in mind that you can't give a straight answer to that IMO.

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
3KF, PF, MKF, GRF and old JHF models got the "old" logo without the box around the print.

It all depends on your preferences... If you are more after color compared to the Gen or finish of the hour markers, overall appearance or what not... There are so many things to keep in mind that you can't give a straight answer to that IMO.

Thanks mate, so you can get a 3k (with the clone movement) and the old unboxed dial? Is so, where?
Appreciate any answer.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Any TD could get you one, trustytime, puretime etc

^ this

If you check the latest videos from the recent pages you see the dial without the box - TrustyTime also added very detailed pictures, Puretime made a high resolution video so you can see what you would get ;)

Booonin

2/9/18
Guys, could you please provide a comparison pictures of what should be engraved on the movement? Many thanks, i feel like blind :)

BIONONE

28/4/17
Guys, could you please provide a comparison pictures of what should be engraved on the movement? Many thanks, i feel like blind :)

the words should be engraved rather than printed with golden paint

BIONONE

28/4/17
Every word you see that is printed should be engraved just like the regulation indicator on the balance cock