• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this the 21j?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thanks man! Just got it all switches over today. Turned out great! The only problem I'm having is the date doesn't want to turn manually from 14-17, and when it turns by moving forward 24 hours, it doesn't sit centered. Maybe it'll work itself out since its new!
@Raddave thanks for the help buddy! Got it all situated just now. The watch case is beat up, but here is is with the overlay and all!

07b26b672c604c9d169047452a2b28f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats !!

Looks GREAT !!

What you might have done is used a little to much glue on your DWO, making it ride a little high, and dragging on the underside of the dial.
Did it all work good without the dial on?

If thats the case you can shim the dial a tad with tape between the dial and the spacer ring giving it a little more clearance. Or alternatively put some tiny dots of epoxy on the spacer ring, let it dry first before you install so you have some hard lumps on there as a spacer

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Congrats !!

Looks GREAT !!

What you might have done is used a little to much glue on your DWO, making it ride a little high, and dragging on the underside of the dial.
Did it all work good without the dial on?

If thats the case you can shim the dial a tad with tape between the dial and the spacer ring giving it a little more clearance. Or alternatively put some tiny dots of epoxy on the spacer ring, let it dry first before you install so you have some hard lumps on there as a spacer

Thanks!

Actually, it does. And that's what I was thinking. I actually have a second spacer ring, do you think that'll be way to much spacing? The hardest part was putting the hands back on. That was absolute hell.. I have the proper tools, but I've never put it on on something a scratch would show up so easily..

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thanks!

Actually, it does. And that's what I was thinking. I actually have a second spacer ring, do you think that'll be way to much spacing? The hardest part was putting the hands back on. That was absolute hell.. I have the proper tools, but I've never put it on on something a scratch would show up so easily..

I would NOT use 2 spacer rings....
it will make the hour hand drag on the dial.

You should only need to lift the dial up like the thickness of masking tape.
4 little tiny pieces stuck to the back of the dial should work perfectly.

Make sure you stick the tape to the dial so the stickieside is away from the movement, and also cut the tape, dont tear it so theres no glue to foul the datewheel

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I would NOT use 2 spacer rings....
it will make the hour hand drag on the dial.

You should only need to lift the dial up like the thickness of masking tape.
4 little tiny pieces stuck to the back of the dial should work perfectly.

Make sure you stick the tape to the dial so the stickieside is away from the movement, and also cut the tape, dont tear it so theres no glue to foul the datewheel

Yeah... No idea why I didn't think that one through.. Whoops.

I will use the tape this weekend! I have to mentally prepare myself to redo the hands. Lol

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Just go slow
Youll be fine !

You already did it once ;)

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Hey Dave,

Question for you man... Would you happen to know why the second hand stops at the same spot each pass? I can give it a shake or two and it'll keep spinning, and when it comes to the same spot, stops again... I'm quite frustrated! lol

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Hey Dave,

Question for you man... Would you happen to know why the second hand stops at the same spot each pass? I can give it a shake or two and it'll keep spinning, and when it comes to the same spot, stops again... I'm quite frustrated! lol

Its not touching any of the other hands, is it?
Maybe you didnt press it down far enough and its dragging the crystal ?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Its not touching any of the other hands, is it?
Maybe you didnt press it down far enough and its dragging the crystal ?

It's not touching the hands, and I took it back out to see if it was the crystal as I thought that as well.. But it's still stopping at the same spot. I was thinking maybe it was on to tight? So I took off the hand to see if it works without the second hand? And then I'd know if it was the second hand at least?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
It's not touching the hands, and I took it back out to see if it was the crystal as I thought that as well.. But it's still stopping at the same spot. I was thinking maybe it was on to tight? So I took off the hand to see if it works without the second hand? And then I'd know if it was the second hand at least?

Its stopping at the same spot with the movement uncased?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
There has to be a bit of debris in the movement.
most likely on the seconds wheel

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Try using a puffer.....dont use canned air

9635.jpg

Raddave