• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this real or fake?

carlosjonez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/12
Sorry you must get loads of these but I have recently bought a gen (hopefully) PO 42mm. I only ask because I was looking in the for sale section and someone was selling a 42mm PO rep but I can't tell the difference between theirs and mine! I'm going to go to the AD to confirm anyway but just thought I'd get someones opinion on here first.

Thanks

Nnilswerdna

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/10/12
The pearl looks good, but can't really tell on the Omega logo and if it has happy feet...

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
You need to post more pics of the watch and movement?

dtom

21/9/12
I was going to say post it to me and I'll check it out for you, but then looked more closely at the photo- where is the Omega trademark which should be located beneath the 12? Did it fall off, or is its absence because of the light in the picture? As Rudy says above, you need quality close up photos of the front, back and both sides and of the movement with the caseback removed to be reasonable certain. Good luck.

carlosjonez

13/11/12
Ok thanks. Can't get great pictures with my phone or get the back off. The omega logo is fine just the camera didn't pick it up. fingers crossed hey.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If that's a rep I'll take three.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
If that is a rep, I'll eat a liver and onions dinner. I despise the taste liver... lol

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Looks like the real deal to me!

carlosjonez

13/11/12
Hopefully these are better pics.
How do i get the back off? What tool do i need?
There is a blueish tint to the AR, is that normal?
Does the He valve screw in and out on the rep because this one does.
And yes i have to box and papers as well.
Thanks for your help.

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0559.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0553.jpg

IMAG0550.jpg

D

d4m.test

No happy feet there my friend, certainly looks real to me!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MrSteed

Known Member
10/3/12
Looks real. Has the factory red dot on the back so has never been opened. I'm sure lume is like a torch but you want to check that hands and hour markers lume is same brightness. From memory AR looks normal.

md2020

Banned
26/7/12
Seems to me you should do some more research before buying a gen, especially if you were that hesitant about it being real.

carlosjonez

13/11/12
Seems to me you should do some more research before buying a gen, especially if you were that hesitant about it being real.

Yes thanks really helpful now. If you read the beginning of the thread i did apologise and just wanted a quick answer because i saw a rep that looked more real than any of the reps i had considered buying. Surely you must have had a worry that when you have done all your research (which i did on reps which i why i decided to buy a gen in the first place) and paid a premium for something it's only natural to confirm it is was it says it is.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I'll say this, being seasoned, I would have brought it to the AD prior to purchasing it or as part of the agreement with the seller. It's the only real way to know mate.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

carlosjonez

13/11/12
Hi R2D4, I am covered I just wondered. I will be taking it to an AD this week.
Cheers