• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this old omega worth fixing?

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
why were you surprised it was a gen?? Of course it was a gen. no doubt about it.

I have 6 vintage gens, including a Geneve like this one. Your watch is most likely 34mm. The Geneve line, unfortunately is there bottom tier line of watches. Still very collectable nonetheless. It is definitely worth more than 100 bucks. You could probably get double if not more than that for it.

Get the serial number and from that, you can date it pretty accurately.
I was surprised because it looked shitty .34mm is spot on so you know you're stuff.collectable wise I would never had guessed.it reminds me of my old man when he wore safari jackets lol eehh

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Isn't it missing a bezel or something?
neseqaza.jpg

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
not really,

these Geneves had very slim and skinny case profiles, the watch dial and crystal fills the entire case making it appear much larger than it really is. In fact, these did not have any bezels, the crystal would fit in the inside of the case via friction fit.

I have a vintage Seamaster that has the same sort of case

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
I'm waiting for the old guy who gave me this to turn up at the pub then I'll ask him if it's ok to pass it on or I'll give it back to him