• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this normal?

wildrage

Friends with the Benedicts
Supporter
Certified
15/10/24
PA, USA
I was a watch nerd when I was a kid. Then I turned 16 and my interest in girls ruined that and most of my other hobbies (I guess depending how you look at it).

Now I'm 40 and I started nerding out on watches a few months ago. Started with buying a gen Deep Sea off the grey market (I'm a bigger guy, so was pleasantly surprised that the largest Rolex watch is currently not super 'desirable').

From there, I got paranoid that my watch wasn't real. Started heavily researching replicas, and in my search, felt sort of dumb that I bought a gen to begin with.

My journey started on Reddit, but for many reasons, it's very hard to figure out what vendors are legit and which are scams. Stumbled upon a post about RWI and here I am. It's been less than a week and I have bought 3 reps :). Knowing my personality, I'll probably buy several more.

Reasons why I'm moving to reps:

• AD attitude. I really have to kiss up to some AD and buy a bunch of garbage I don't want just so that I can wait months or years for a $10k watch? No thanks. Out of pure principal
  • The movements coming from China are pretty legit. With the new machinery, one could argue that a superclone rep could last as long as a gen (ok maybe i'm pushing it here)
  • I'm truly interested in doing some of the servicing / modding myself, and doing it on a $500 piece is a little less daunting then a $10k piece.
  • I'm like a bull in a China shop sometimes, and wearing a $10, $20, or $30k watch on my wrist is a bit problematic

I'm glad I came across this group. It's probably saved me $50k dic*ing around with Rolex ADs.

P..DR..D

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome & enjoy exploring the rabbit hole ;)

White Rabbit GIF

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
I was a watch nerd when I was a kid. Then I turned 16 and my interest in girls ruined that and most of my other hobbies (I guess depending how you look at it).

Now I'm 40 and I started nerding out on watches a few months ago. Started with buying a gen Deep Sea off the grey market (I'm a bigger guy, so was pleasantly surprised that the largest Rolex watch is currently not super 'desirable').

From there, I got paranoid that my watch wasn't real. Started heavily researching replicas, and in my search, felt sort of dumb that I bought a gen to begin with.

My journey started on Reddit, but for many reasons, it's very hard to figure out what vendors are legit and which are scams. Stumbled upon a post about RWI and here I am. It's been less than a week and I have bought 3 reps :). Knowing my personality, I'll probably buy several more.

Reasons why I'm moving to reps:

• AD attitude. I really have to kiss up to some AD and buy a bunch of garbage I don't want just so that I can wait months or years for a $10k watch? No thanks. Out of pure principal
  • The movements coming from China are pretty legit. With the new machinery, one could argue that a superclone rep could last as long as a gen (ok maybe i'm pushing it here)
  • I'm truly interested in doing some of the servicing / modding myself, and doing it on a $500 piece is a little less daunting then a $10k piece.
  • I'm like a bull in a China shop sometimes, and wearing a $10, $20, or $30k watch on my wrist is a bit problematic

I'm glad I came across this group. It's probably saved me $50k dic*ing around with Rolex ADs.
Hi buddy

Welcome to the RWI Community!

Sell the genuines and you can buy lots of rep watches to start a collection.

If there is anything we can help you with any queries, please feel free to EMAIL me at [email protected] or PM us here.

I have been one of the longest standing Trusted Dealer since 2002 - Trusty Time and I am Andrew here.

www.trustytime88.io

We hope to be able to serve you soon.

Cheers. Have a nice day.

wildrage

Friends with the Benedicts
Supporter
Certified
15/10/24
PA, USA
Hi buddy

Welcome to the RWI Community!

Sell the genuines and you can buy lots of rep watches to start a collection.

If there is anything we can help you with any queries, please feel free to EMAIL me at [email protected] or PM us here.

I have been one of the longest standing Trusted Dealer since 2002 - Trusty Time and I am Andrew here.

www.trustytime88.io

We hope to be able to serve you soon.

Cheers. Have a nice day.
You posted that as I was looking through your website :). Just dropped you an email.