• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this acceptable alignment of 12 marker?

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I thought that might be why at first too but stopping video at a shot straight on, you can see there's more black space at the top right, and the bottom corner is to the left of the centre:

Try focusing on it with you naked eye from 5 inches and let me know how it looks…

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
sad ricky gervais GIF by NETFLIX

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
I think the fact that more buyers are becoming educated and using things like the alignment app, has improved the quality of the replicas
While you are responding to the above can you elaborate on the highlighted part.

The quality of the replicas have improved with the materials being used along with the technology ( better machines) manufacturing the parts.

Don't think the factories are using the Reddit alignment tool to improve anything on the watches they produce.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
While you are responding to the above can you elaborate on the highlighted part.

The quality of the replicas have improved with the materials being used along with the technology ( better machines) manufacturing the parts.

Don't think the factories are using the Reddit alignment tool to improve anything on the watches they produce.
100% . People take for granted how far manufacturing improvements have come. Replicating parts is much easier these days than it ever was.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
The thing is
Dial manufacturing is outsourced to a company and made to clean or vsf etc’s specification, this company will also make dials for mainstream brands like most of the microbrands

Rolex use a ridiculous 20 stage process for creating dials, with equipment that’s in the 10’s of millions of dollars

While these dial makers in china are good, they cannot do that because of time/cost.. im positive they need to keep the dial cost under $20 per unit

So if they had to produce all their dials according the that F****** alignment tool, that would increase the price of the dials dramatically
Imagine the factory making 1000 dials (which is usually a small order) then they checked them all and told clean, oh sorry we had to dump 700 of them because they were off by 1/6th of a mm :ROFLMAO:

The factories are happy enough to produce dials with 80/90% accuracy, only a small amount of the batch will be “perfect” and whoever bags those is just in the right place at the right time.

What needs realigned is your expectations. In the nicest way possible, It’s a rep, deal with it

Last edited:

Sumo86

8/1/23
Uk
The thing is

Once you've seen it...you're not happy. Say no :) someone else will be offered it as a QC and not see it - or take it

Don't worry

rolladyce

Horology Curious
6/10/23
Because this is the flame free zone, I won't say what I think of the OP. Instead, I am just going to throw out some randomly generated letters in a randomly generated order: U N T C
Why?

I'm new to reps and watches generally. I don't know how picky to be and what's just something to be expected from a rep (or even a gen, as some have pointed out). I've asked a genuine question about whether to GL or not, and based on responses have GL'd. I've taken it all in good humour and learned from it... At what point was I a c*nt?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Why?

I'm new to reps and watches generally. I don't know how picky to be and what's just something to be expected from a rep (or even a gen, as some have pointed out). I've asked a genuine question about whether to GL or not, and based on responses have GL'd. I've taken it all in good humour and learned from it... At what point was I a c*nt?
Just teasing, chillax. One day, when you're 50 odd watches into your collection, you'll realise. You'll look back on this thread and realise how ridiculous you're being. All part of the journey.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
First GF: I want a big boob long legs young beautiful slut who still keeps her virginity.

50th GF: Screw it, a hole is a hole, no matter how old.
To quote good 'ol Benjamin Franklin

And as in the dark all cats are grey, the pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every knack being by practice capable of improvement."

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
Your 12 marker doesn't line up with your bezel as evidenced by your alignment grid