• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

is this a rep of a tag carrera

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date

flynlow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/08

nowsthetime

23/9/09
There is definitely a gen version to this - I had it on my wrist not two weeks ago :p (at the AD's, lol, not at home :( )

flynlow

3/12/08
no idea what you're referring to as the "military time thing". i don't see any military time anything on either pic you linked. if you're talking about the subdial that goes up to 24 on one of the previous pics, that would be an hour counter for the chrono i assume..which is incorrect.
on a very quick cursory look they're ok, but if you look just for a couple seconds and know what the gen looks like, you'll realize it's wrong.
here's what it should look like: http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/carrera/men/automatic-chronograph-tachymetre/index.lbl?w=CV2014.BA0786

as you can see, it's not hard to spot the differences. the A7750 version is the only accurate rep of that model.

D

d4m.test

the military time as advertised has the subdial working as an hour counter. there is actually no chrongraph. the second hand (what should be for the chronograph) has a smooth sweep motion.

basically your telling me these watches are pretty crappy. too bad i didnt find your site first

D

d4m.test

the military time as advertised has the subdial working as an hour counter. there is actually no chrongraph. the second hand (what should be for the chronograph) has a smooth sweep motion.

basically your telling me these watches are pretty crappy. too bad i didnt find your site first

nowsthetime

23/9/09
It depends on what you paid for them as to whether they are crappy - you can't always expect the cheapest ones to function fully - remember replica watches are often just that - items that LOOK like the original. They won't/don't always WORK like the original ;)

As a newbie who has done hours of reading on this and two other favoured forums I have learnt that you can get a really nice low cost rep of a SIMPLE watch (like the Omega SMP for example) but if you want the complicated versions (such as those with chronographs, or functions at different locations) you often have to opt for the better movements and pay more money.

HTH.