• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a noob invasion in progress?

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
King Tucker needs to enlighten his subjects :)

Reactions: Therion666

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
School holidays + Uni holidays + Christmas Cash = Douchebaggedon

On another line, I have been reading some old posts (talking about pre 2015 or more) and I see really cool posts, educated opinions, healthy discussion, etc. Most of these have people with more than 3000 posts or so, actually. But none of these users are around anymore, and instead we have a whole legion of people with no avatar and lazy names posting crap all around. What happened? How do we go back to that?

I'm sure there must be some sort of filter we can put in place to block lazy kiddos that just want to find the best sub and then harass all sellers until they get one. They bring nothing to the table, and ultimately they just erode the trust we all have in m2m, which is a cornerstone of this hobby.

Or we can go for Tucker 's advice. I quite like the idea.

My only questions is how did you choose between "Douchebaggedon" and "Douchemagedon" I literally laughed out lol'd when I read that :lamo2:

Reactions: Hinclimincli

dsloves

Looking Around
4/1/19
I’ll be honest. I’m a noob to this forum. However that doesn’t mean I’m trying to low ball etc. I’m a casual rep enthusiast, and I think it should be more welcomed.

However, I can see it on the other end of people being annoyed by idiotic questions or inquiries. My problem is trying to let people know I’m not going to scam/prove my trust etc

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
We could track them down and have them shot.

ad160f24894c65d6960a21d1296ff7cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
I’ll be honest. I’m a noob to this forum. However that doesn’t mean I’m trying to low ball etc. I’m a casual rep enthusiast, and I think it should be more welcomed.

However, I can see it on the other end of people being annoyed by idiotic questions or inquiries. My problem is trying to let people know I’m not going to scam/prove my trust etc

I started lurking the forums in 2011-2012 and didn't even make an account until I think it was 2015. Just quietly read and digested the vast amount of information here. You just spend your time reading with genuine interest and learning about the pieces you are interested in. Trying to join and purchase right away from M2M especially is a red flag. Nobody will sell to a new account with 0 post count. Better of buying from a trusted dealer then.

dsloves

Looking Around
4/1/19
I started lurking the forums in 2011-2012 and didn't even make an account until I think it was 2015. Just quietly read and digested the vast amount of information here. You just spend your time reading with genuine interest and learning about the pieces you are interested in. Trying to join and purchase right away from M2M especially is a red flag. Nobody will sell to a new account with 0 post count. Better of buying from a trusted dealer then.

I get what you’re saying. I just have checked the forum out for a while, but never made an account is what I mean. I just know forums are the way for getting fair deals.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Um, millennials are all fully grown adults now? These remarks from boomers are getting old.

I got your boomer right here

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
There are a lot of dumb noobs who expect to be spoon fed on everything.

A lot of them are terrible buyers too; a lot of questions with no action. They really just waste my time; give them my PP email (OHPF) but payment never comes.

I have a no sale list for these members who stood me up.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
There are a lot of dumb noobs who expect to be spoon fed on everything.

A lot of them are terrible buyers too; a lot of questions with no action. They really just waste my time; give them my PP email (OHPF) but payment never comes.

I have a no sale list for these members who stood me up.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

See I would never stand you up baby, I'll just have to drink a little extra before we get started ;)

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I also received a PM in french some days ago. Striked me as suspicious since it was an inquiry for an old post about a DayDate from a user with a 5 post count. That seemed random.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TheCarGuy

Known Member
26/12/18
Canada/US
Noob here as well. I purchased 4 reps since I’ve joined (M2M and TDs) and there’s just so much information already available on this forum to help.

I’ve seen the posts from other noobs, I feel the pain and can see where the frustration is coming from. Just know that not all noobs are terrible :eek:

Shoutout to all the mods for staying on top of the M2M sales section. Don’t know how I’ll resist staying off this forum when I go back to work on Monday.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Noob here as well. I purchased 4 reps since I’ve joined (M2M and TDs) and there’s just so much information already available on this forum to help.

I’ve seen the posts from other noobs, I feel the pain and can see where the frustration is coming from. Just know that not all noobs are terrible :eek:

Shoutout to all the mods for staying on top of the M2M sales section. Don’t know how I’ll resist staying off this forum when I go back to work on Monday.

Why would you have to stay off the forum while you're at work ..

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Perhaps it's the annual migration, and a larger heard then usual is swarming? Maybe an excessive rate of inbreeding has occurred last mating season, leading to the higher level of idocy?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
We were all noobs once. I have gotten quite a few PMs as well but I just try to be respectful and nice. You never know who you might be chatting with, and they took the time to reach out so it’s decent to reply back. The rudeness comes when I get asked to QC something without them telling me what they think first, or not replying at all.

Reactions: TheCarGuy