• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a good Speedmaster super clone yet?

cacti

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/10/23
Or are they still coming out a bit iffy?

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
I am sure some factory will make it in future. It will be a super seller

Reactions: cacti

JMM17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/1/24
HRF speedmaster racing is pretty close. Sunken DW is biggest issue.

jeffdodge

25/1/09
They can't make a speedy. There is no chinese movement which has the correct subdial spacing.

This will never happen (well, probably never).

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
Honestly, to me the regular Speedmaster (I am not talking about the special editions) is NWBIR. You can find nice used gens at very decent prices.

Even if a factory comes up with a super clone at the 600-800 USD price range, I'd still take a used gen reduced speedy at 1200 USD or a gen racing one at 1800 USD on any given day...

Last edited:

JMM17

15/1/24
Yeah but tbh that modified 7750 is garbage and still has the sunken datewheel issue, not a super rep movement
3300 is modified 7750.
And yes, as i've already typed it before, this watch flaw is high sitting, sunken datewheel, albeit bit improved in v2, still visible.

I'll take sunken DW over slaved and squinted chrono subdials (any other flaws on top of that) any time.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
3300 is modified 7750.
And yes, as i've already typed it before, this watch flaw is high sitting, sunken datewheel, albeit bit improved in v2, still visible.

I'll take sunken DW over slaved and squinted chrono subdials (any other flaws on top of that) any time.
You and I have different definitions of a "super clone". To me, a "super clone" is like a VSF sub. Not only is it aesthetically 95% of the way there, but the movement has to be a true clone.

I'm not saying the HRF Speedmaster is bad, it's a decent piece for the price if you don't run the chrono, and practically 99% of gen pop won't recognize that it's fake. But if we're talking about replication level, "super clone" in my eyes.

JMM17

15/1/24
Oh yeah, it's not super clone. Nowhere here i ever said it is. It is best speedy rep, and it's pretty decent, that's what it is.

What i said is that it is:
- Pretty close
- Corrected false statement about subdial positioning
- Stated that its movement is, just like gen, a modified 7750 (also it's a closed caseback)
- Have date position and sunken problem, which is its pretty much only flaw (DW font corrected in V2, dial less sunken - but still is, sits too high, as thick as gen, "swis6 made" corrected)

As it seems to be little known rep, and there is high demand on speedy, i think it's worth pointing to HRF speedy as best available rep.
If not that, there's gens or quartz shidduhs.

• Love
Reactions: superturbine

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
They can't make a speedy. There is no chinese movement which has the correct subdial spacing.

This will never happen (well, probably never).
Why not make a faux chrono with correct dial and subdial spacing?

They did it on the daytona