• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it worth waiting for the Clean 226570 Rep?

G.Sav

Looking Around
30/1/24
I've been looking at reps for the past few weeks and really interested in getting an Explorer II. Does anyone know what are the benefits of the DD3285 over the GMF's VR3286? Also do we know an aproximate time when the Clean rep is coming out?

G.Sav

Looking Around
30/1/24
Thank you for the reply! Do you know when it is coming out or no?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Probably never - its nothing more than a rumour at the moment, and as its not the most popular watch in the world so I wouldn't hold your breath.

303Watch

Preferisco Panerai
Supporter
Certified
30/8/22
Colorado
Back on Feb. 10th Ctime told me another 1-2months at least.
Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

tomriddle

25/6/07
CNY is the wildcard here... once cny is over in a week or so..?

unleash.. the.. hounds :eek:

Charlemagne

Professional Muncher
18/6/23
London
I've been waiting since last year the time for the same, but apparently it's a no-go at the moment. There are too many modifications required to make it fit the explorer (DW etc.) and the low volumes don't justify it for the factories. I'd love to be proved wrong and I'd pick it up in a heartbeat if it released. Till then I've been advised by several folks on here that the GMF is the best bet (VR3285).

Reactions: 303Watch and Reaps

303Watch

Preferisco Panerai
Supporter
Certified
30/8/22
Colorado
Yeah I recently had a TD tell me clean is not making the 226570. Bummer. So I ordered the GMF. Which I have been advised that swapping out the setting lever will be a wise upgrade.

Charlemagne

Professional Muncher
18/6/23
London
Yeah I recently had a TD tell me clean is not making the 226570. Bummer. So I ordered the GMF. Which I have been advised that swapping out the setting lever will be a wise upgrade.
Is that something a local rep-friendly watchmaker will be able to do easily?

303Watch

Preferisco Panerai
Supporter
Certified
30/8/22
Colorado
Is that something a local rep-friendly watchmaker will be able to do easily?
It sounds like it. There is one by me who said he could. I think the issue is sourcing the gen setting lever. I haven’t started yet. I know that CTbeforeLP, who is a member on here had successfully done the swap.

catana1981

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
14/10/12
UK
Replacing the setting lever is a must.
My GMF broke few days after receiving it.
Before placing a order take into account the costs involved in doing so.

Reactions: 303Watch

303Watch

Preferisco Panerai
Supporter
Certified
30/8/22
Colorado
Replacing the setting lever is a must.
My GMF broke few days after receiving it.
Before placing an order take into account the costs involved in doing so.
The GMF I have on order just failed the TDs QC because of movement. Date was flipping at 11:45.

Charlemagne

Professional Muncher
18/6/23
London
the C+ versions seem to be marginally more expensive on most TD sites. Any particular reason the GMF's are preferred over these?