• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it stupid...

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
I'm not for a second suggesting they know more than you guys and they certainly never open a watch and tinker with it ;)
I just disagree that all people with money have no clue what they're buying and wouldn't know the difference between a rep and a gen.
It's a great forum and great people... but to put it simply it's unfair to group all people from a certain category together :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah shiney mate, exactly i'm too timid to open up my gen and mess up the watch too. Too pricy a price to pay if i ruined my watch.

Definitely not all, but majority of them...

:r2d4:

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
If it were my grail, I'd buy two- one to wear while I sent the other one for modding- then switch and mod the other one. :)

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
I remember somebody posting he has a rep of his Rolex. He wore the rep often, the gen sat in the safe. That makes sense. But a rep backup for a rep, now I might only find that sensible for a white 225 Slytech, but of course it's impossible.

i_like_shiney_things

24/10/13
A rep or a gen is always a good idea in my opinion (assuming there is a halfway decent version available).

If your rep is a limited edition run or likely to stop being repped then of course it's also a good idea to get a spare ;)