• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

is it me or.....

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
I'm noticing more GENs of e ultimates by H&Noob factories popping up on preowned sales.. So which of u sold ur GENs for e REP.? Models like 292, 111, 176, 005, 000 etc

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
I've noticed the same thing. A gen 111 was always my grail and was going to be my 40th birthday present. Having now had both H factory and Noob reps there is no way I'd spend the money on a gen, the differences just aren't worth the extra $ IMHO. If I had already got a gen as a gift I'd say there's a 95% chance I would already have sold mine too (and my wife would understand why)....

Mambo

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/09
Owning several reps of the 111 , ( including H & noob one ) is the reason I bought the gen, ....

;)

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
I've noticed the same thing. A gen 111 was always my grail and was going to be my 40th birthday present. Having now had both H factory and Noob reps there is no way I'd spend the money on a gen, the differences just aren't worth the extra $ IMHO. If I had already got a gen as a gift I'd say there's a 95% chance I would already have sold mine too (and my wife would understand why)....

+1 - I have covered this same situation in a prior post. The REP as just TOO good and it is hard as heck to justify the additional $4,700.00.

robsons

Horology Curious
12/12/10
i have my gen 312 for the special days. Will not sell it! The feeling is different!

mab

Known Member
30/5/10
Got a gen 111 and a rep 005.

There is little point in keeping both, but it will be the rep that I sell on. The reps really are >95% accurate but I find the <5% really annoying and the gen just feels special.

Completely understand why others wouldn't spend the $ though and I can't see me owning multiple gens if the reps keep getting better. One gen for that special feel and maybe a few reps for variety.