• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If you had an RWI newbie as a puppet, and you where the puppet master ...

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
Now I want to make clear that this is not a thread about what watch I'm personally going to get ... It's just an intrest in learning from more advanced members than myself, and perhaps have some fun in here ... I do know that most newbies in here is to lazy to do the research themself, but I can guarntee that I'm personally going to read EVERYTHING!!! (and yes I have read all the beginning threads, and still choose to make this one) ...

(When I am going to make my first purchase, I'm properly going with a Ross & Bell 92mm, a rolex explorer I, a rolex black ceramic sub, and a dress watch ... but that is irrevant for this thread) ... my prediction up front is that most will mention PAM watches, and I'm not going to buy any of those right now anyways ... but I still think it would be fun... (and yes I have actually already read almost every review in here ... but that does not mean your actual purchase would be the same now that your knowlege have grown, and you have had some solid experiences, neither does it mean that your choises as an advanced will be what is optimal for a noob) ...

Anyways the challange goes like this: if you(as a more advanced member) got the total freedom to pick 3-4 watches to a newb for a total price lets say 400$ (we can change it if you think another one is more suitable, but I take that it that is around the price most newbies will properly spend?) (personally I have most intrest on those who ship to the EU, but it's totally up to you if you will include that into your considerations).:

What would you choose? Where would you choose it from? and more important why? What factors will you value over other watches?

I would find it funny to go back in a few months when I have become more advanced, and see if my choices would still differ as much from yours as it most certainly will right now :)

I'm sure we have had threads like this, but I would ask you to either have fun with this, or just stay out of it, we all know the normal flame answeres, that some of you will fell compelled to write(and I understand that) ... just remember that you where once a newbie also ...

If this thread is way off, it totally okay with me, if you delete it .. I would however find it very fun to read ... so here goes, chance to show off your jedi skills, and put the noobs in awe ... :suicide:

Cheers ...

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Your buget is 4 watches for $400.

Here is my advise. Spend that $400 on a really good replica instead of 4 pieces of junk. You'll thank me later. ;)

I'll now slowly pull my lubed up hand out of your streched out anus......... :picard:

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I was just thinking that $400 would barely get two decent reps, let alone four :p

Sent from my HTC Desire S

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
You can't start a thread like this in the Flame Free Zone... nope, you just can't.

tumblr_lo9ijalvbp1qhxia4o1_500.gif

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
Your buget is 4 watches for $400.

No it's not, and as I started writing, that is not what this thread is about ... but thnx for ******* with me... :lol:

The number chosen was based on this beginner thread:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/whos-got-best-305

He suggest that the perfect noob watch is a noobmariner around $120, so to be honest I just multiplied that with 3 and rounded the numbers up to give a little extra to play with for those who want to play with this topic...

Notice I'm talking about what an advanced would buy for a NOOB, not what he would buy to himself(and not what the NOOB would buy for himself, as I started saying, I'm rather sure I'm not going to buy what will be suggested here myself...)... There is many details that will irritate an advanced, but that will be irrelevant for a noob!

The reason I wrote 3-4 watches, is because I don't know what more advanced guys will recommend, that is what I'm looking forward to finding out: perhaps 1 good watch and 3 of allot lesser quality, perhaps 1 great watch, 2 decent watches, or 2 decent and one of lesser quality, how can I possible know this in advance? (I see allot of dealers, allowing one to buy an extra cheep decent noob watch, or give a wholesale price, when one buy 2-3 watches at once)... For my shake we could cut the number of watches down to one watch, or the price up to 800$, but I think at least the last will make the thread loose it's meaning... and there is no fun in saying what watch will you choose if you had a million bucks either(though that would rather be the same kind of thread as this) ... this is supposed to be a challenge, you might have to kill some of your darlings, otherwise it would not be very fun...

But thnx for you post :)

PS: sry for not thinking, - this thread would be much more fun outside the flame free zone, for my sake fell free to move it outside of that :)

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
Yes, please move it to the Loony Bin so we can really **** with you. :lol:

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
All noobs should start off with a solid, reliable watch that is very accurate.

As a guy who has owned one of everything almost, just buy a Panerai now. Get a 112 and stare at the majesty of the running movement and you'll get it right away. It's going to happen if your here for a while anyway.

The subs your referring to are a great value. Get one of those too. There $400 gone in a flash! ;)

bigbangtheory

Renowned Member
1/6/08
My 2 cents..... I no longer have any of the first cheap reps I bought when I started back in march ( I joined before but never visited the site)

Now all my reps are latest versions and have one BK SUBC that I love
If a close friend wants to start I will tell him to set aside $1000 for at least 4 good reps... Before going BK or TC of course

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I bought plenty of cheapies. Fun to try out different stuff, but in the end youll enjoy 1 or 2 good reps a lot more than 10 cheapies.

I would have my noob puppet get a nice 300 dollar non chrono rep, and tell my puppet to be take a break and go and stare at the new watch for a while. :)

pam123

Known Member
23/5/12
I bought plenty of cheapies. Fun to try out different stuff, but in the end youll enjoy 1 or 2 good reps a lot more than 10 cheapies.

I would have my noob puppet get a nice 300 dollar non chrono rep, and tell my puppet to be take a break and go and stare at the new watch for a while. :)

+100
I start adventure with "reps" not a long time ago. First was Pam111N and I love it. All you need to do is read, read and read more this forum.
Good people will help you Do not buy cheap stuff.
Next was Explorer 2, 42mm, great watch.
Is better to spend 400$ on good stuff instead 4x100$ on some crappy reps.

After having Pam111N and the quality of it, I will never spend +5000$ on gen. It's just not worth it.
Funny thing; My first purchase of Pam111 it was a test before I decide to get a gen:frusty: No fukcin way man, rep is so good that cash for a gen will be use for more reps:biglaugh:

Good luck with your choice.:cheers:

BTW
Waterluver: did you borrow someones bonner?:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Turkish did u get my PM?

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
Yes, please move it to the Loony Bin so we can really **** with you. :lol:
Don't take it to serious man ... this thread is intended to be fun ... (you get to have a noob puppet ... must be what all of you guys tired of answering questions dream about at night ... :lol: )
But it should be moved, just preferable after more have written something in the right direction ... when it's going as it is right now, just move it out of the flamefree zone, to allow more laughing without ending totally off topic :) (I have always thought the biggest shoulders should carry the biggest burdens, so I can take some punching if that is what makes us all laughing ... I don't get offended easily :lol: )

All noobs should start off with a solid, reliable watch that is very accurate.

As a guy who has owned one of everything almost, just buy a Panerai now. Get a 112 and stare at the majesty of the running movement and you'll get it right away. It's going to happen if your here for a while anyway.

The subs your referring to are a great value. Get one of those too. There $400 gone in a flash! ;)

frigpig exactly the kind of writing I hoped to see in this thread ... great post :)

Again, it's not what I'm personally is after, but it's exactly what I was after in the thread... awesome. thnx for plotting in the course of this thread :)

I hoped and expected posts like this from the get-go.

My 2 cents..... I no longer have any of the first cheap reps I bought when I started back in march ( I joined before but never visited the site)

Now all my reps are latest versions and have one BK SUBC that I love
If a close friend wants to start I will tell him to set aside $1000 for at least 4 good reps... Before going BK or TC of course

That's a great advice ... and another way to use the start up mentioned 400$ awesome post man :)

I will consider saving up a 1000$ and will do either that, or go trksh-bzr's route:

As expected, a perfect post mate ... thnx :wub:

The take a break advice is properly one I could def use myself already ... really a good one ... I'm properly going to use 5-600$ on my first two watches, a great daily one and a little lesser good one(like for go partying and such), sadly I have not fallen for PAM's personally yet, but as one said I hope myself that it will happen, - and then follow your advice for a period of time, while following the member sales, and reviews, and then wait untill there comes something up that I REALLY fell I have to own ... :)

But again guys, this thread is not about me, pleanty of great advice already that every noob can use though ... so keep it up *no pun intended*... :lol:

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
$400 will buy you just about any of the really good high-end reps out there, maybe even have some change left over for a strap or watchbox, or a cheap 21j.

Get something nice while you have the money, don't buy 4 junk watches. Seriously, don't piss a decent budget away on cheap 21j A2813 movement powered shit.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
I started out with a bunch of cheapies.. well 100-200 reps. I love them all and probably won't part with any of them.

However I wish I had maybe not purchased a couple of them as I have now found other watches I want more, or a singular watch that I don't want to buy now that I have spent 400-500 on a couple that I don't want as much as that really high end watch.