• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Identity panerai movement

mandla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/09
You will notice that the movement he posted is my brown dial Panerai that I sent him.

mandla

26/12/09

Apologies for the multiple posts. Using mobile phone to post. This is the fourth watch I sent.
It was for an array of work including dial swaps and install for the x2 Hublots and movement service for panerai and AP.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The hubolt and AP have complicated modified 7750 movements. There's only a few watchsmiths I would even consider letting touch them let alone perform a complete teardown and service. I'm hoping he didn't get to them yet and the mods are about to convince him to return them as is since he seems inept and unable to work on the more basic panerai clone movement. I'm hoping there is something more basic going on here like he's in over his head and trying to fix them without acknowledging his ineptitude to you (hence blocking you which is unacceptable) since he's posting basic questions here on a standard Seagull movement.

mandla

26/12/09
The hubolt and AP have complicated modified 7750 movements. There's only a few watchsmiths I would even consider letting touch them let alone perform a complete teardown and service. I'm hoping he didn't get to them yet and the mods are about to convince him to return them as is since he seems inept and unable to work on the more basic panerai clone movement. I'm hoping there is something more basic going on here like he's in over his head and trying to fix them without acknowledging his ineptitude to you (hence blocking you which is unacceptable) since he's posting basic questions here on a standard Seagull movement.
I suspect so as well. He came across as a decent guy. I do not really want bad blood with him or anyone and just wanted my daily beaters serviced. Paid him promptly and gave him the opportunity in good faith. When he sent the Hublots back they had faults and I could tell they were done in a rush. Inside glass stains and stem not properly sized. Anyhow, I hope he comes round to reason.

He does not want to see me knocking on his door that I promise.

mandla

26/12/09
I suspect so as well. He came across as a decent guy. I do not really want bad blood with him or anyone and just wanted my daily beaters serviced. Paid him promptly and gave him the opportunity in good faith. When he sent the Hublots back they had faults and I could tell they were done in a rush. Inside glass stains and stem not properly sized. Anyhow, I hope he comes round to reason.

He does not want to see me knocking on his door that I promise.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Personality and ability don't always go hand in hand. Unfortunately some people have a higher opinion of their abilities then is justified. I am hoping this turns out in your favor and you get at least the three back in tact...the panerai I am worried about as of now.

misterelg

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/9/13
There is nothing to worry about.

I sent the watches by DHL back to Mandla. Unfortunately DHL has sezied the package in a control at the customs.

I have been spoken to the customs to get the package released and sent forward or back to Sweden, to send with another carrier, back to Mandla.

Regarding the Seagull movement, I may have not worked on this movement before and want to identify the movement for order some worn parts.

I´m a trained watch maker and works mostly on the 7750 movements, replicas as also the genuine. The Seagull movement in this thread is not Mandla, it´s a customer in Sweden.

Hope this will sort things out. I apologize for the inconvenience and I am now in contact with Mandla, it has been a lot with work, education and family lately

mandla

26/12/09
@misterelg you and I know that is just a lame story. I asked you for the tracking number and confirmation email/message from DHL and you gave me fake numbers. Three phony different numbers in a row in fact and a made up DHL email.

Best you stop the bs and send me my stuff. If you've failed to repair my watches then I expect that you also refund me my money.

You dnt get to pull that nonsense with me as if you know what extremes I will go.