• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Identity panerai movement

misterelg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/9/13
Hi,

I'm working on a members watch and need to replace third wheel.

I'm trying to identify the movement and not sure if this really is based on the 6497 movement. What do you think?

H8WWEE.jpeg

H8WUt2.jpeg

numero2

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
FR
never saw this movement before but it's definitively not based on a 6497.

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Hard to tell with it disassembled, especially since it looks to be cosmetically enhanced to look gen.
Any chance you have a pre-disassembled photo?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
If it’s a replica P9000 movement it will be an automatic.

misterelg

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/9/13
I assembled the movement, see the pictures.

Movement is automatic, yes.

Diameter of movement is 30.33mm ( 3.3cm)

H884go.jpeg

H88k1D.jpeg

H88w4k.jpeg

H88smJ.jpeg

H88uPP.jpeg

H88v0W.jpeg

H88EeS.jpeg

H88NtQ.jpeg

misterelg

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/9/13
Hard to tell with it disassembled, especially since it looks to be cosmetically enhanced to look gen.
Any chance you have a pre-disassembled photo?
See the pictures I attached

mandla

26/12/09
@misterleg is this my movement from my Panerai that you have stolen and then blocked my number after I paid you?

• Wow
Reactions: Deep

mandla

26/12/09
Are you being serious or joking?
Very serious. I sent four watches to those guy. Been nearly 4 months of back and forth. Paid him nearly 500£ for mods, parts and labour.

Claims he sent my watches back but won't supply a tracking number.

He's then proceeded to block my number.

He comes across as genuine but he's clearly a scammer.

• Wow
Reactions: Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
not sure what the mods can do, but have you reached out to one? I think @Raddave is online now. I hate to bother him constantly, but perhaps he can offer some better insite. Most likely he will suggest filing a help desk ticket so all staff can be aware in follow as needed.

mandla

26/12/09
not sure what the mods can do, but have you reached out to one? I think @Raddave is online now. I hate to bother him constantly, but perhaps he can offer some better insite. Most likely he will suggest filing a help desk ticket so all staff can be aware in follow as needed.
Bit rattled at the moment and simmering with rage. I won't let this @misterleg guy get away with this if it means paying him a personal visit or publishing his address on every forum out there. Will reach out to @Raddave first and see. Thanks.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
whats going on ?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
@misterleg is this my movement from my Panerai that you have stolen and then blocked my number after I paid you?
First off , how are you sure this is the movement from YOUR watch and not a similar one from a different watch

mandla

26/12/09
First off , how are you sure this is the movement from YOUR watch and not a similar one from a different watch
Well @misterleg is free to confirm or deny. He has blocked my messages and not sent back my Panerai that had that identical movement... Along with three other watches.... And not to add the money I paid for their supposed repairs.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
What work exactly was to be done by @misterelg ? Obviously I am not happy at the thought that you may be out several watches, and but you feel worse at this time. This being said may I ask why would you send 4 watches at one time to someone who has as far as I can tell close to zero presence on the form and doesn't appear to be a certified watchsmith from what little I do see of him? Unless you had done multiple repairs in the past with him successfully, or have you done previous business without issue with him? For completeness and transparency you might want to post exactly what you sent him and if you had pictures of the watches as well that may be helpful. Best wishes.

mandla

26/12/09
What work exactly was to be done by @misterelg ? Obviously I am not happy at the thought that you may be out several watches, and but you feel worse at this time. This being said may I ask why would you send 4 watches at one time to someone who has as far as I can tell close to zero presence on the form and doesn't appear to be a certified watchsmith from what little I do see of him? Unless you had done multiple repairs in the past with him successfully, or have you done previous business without issue with him? For completeness and transparency you might want to post exactly what you sent him and if you had pictures of the watches as well that may be helpful. Best wishes.

mandla

26/12/09
I had done business with him in the past and he has sold and traded a few items on this site. Seemed trustworthy and actually initially sent two watches back albeit with faults so I sent them back to him.