• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Identifying which Panerai Model?

OrientVisiter

Horology Curious
4/11/08
I'm a newbe who just bought a Panerai at a Shanghai copy market. I don't know exactly which model it is so I'll descibe it. The dial is Navy Blue. Says LUMINOR PANERAI Automatic. Seconds at 9. Power Reserve dial near 5 position. Date at 3. Black rubber strap. I see posts here with all the different model numbers but I don't see any numbers stamped on the back or anywhere else. And it seems that most Panerai watches I see are marked LUMINOR PANERAI even though they're all different. How do you tell?

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Hmmm, sounds like a PAM093, but that should be a titanium case.

Care to post some pics? That would help...

OrientVisiter

Horology Curious
4/11/08
I don't have a camera with me right now but I will post pics of all my reps bought in China when I get back to the states. How do I tell if it's titanium vs SS?

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
The PAM124 is also titanium and the dial should be black, not blue.

Titanium is usually a brushed finish and is a darker grey than brushed SS. It is also much lighter than SS. However, that may be tough to verify if you don't have another watch of equivalent size to compare weights to.

This is a PAM124:

pam_124_1.jpg

This is a PAM093:

pam_93_1.jpg