• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I went swimming with a Noobmariner and.....

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
IT WORKED OUT PERFECTLY!!

I have had the watch for about a year and a half and didn't do anything to it. In fact, I haven't even worn it in close to a year. Anyway, I am waiting on my SOSF so I can put it on my gen rubber strap, so I thought since I don't wear it I'll give it a shot. Set the time, screwed in the crown good and tight and jumped it. No problems!

I am impressed that it worked out and look forward to doing it again. Anyone else swam in one?

Mike29983

8/7/07
yes, i take all my rollies to the pool.
just grease all the sealings and youre ready to go.
my comex has been in the ocean, the local swimming pool, indoor...
never had any problems.
also my new Oris CC has been into the water with absolutely no problems :D

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

...I wash my watches lots of times.
Like, when I wear one and see the clasp gets blurred by contact with skin, digital impressions and stuff. I wash them on the sink with soap and get them shiny again. Always did that to all my watches for years, and all of them work fine.
Never went to the pool or anything with them ´cause I actually don´t like swimming that much...

But, I must ask you. only "round shaped" watches were taken to the water by any of you? no matter its brand...
..I have heard that squared watches don´t get the sealing very well, and I could see that by myself when I washed a Cartier Tank Francaise of mine, I got a foggy crystal/dial in quick minutes.
Had it to the seller cause he told me it had been waterproofed and he re-did the job,still no success.

Maybe sometime later I need to buy some silicon grease and get to do that myself. But until there, be advised (and warned) about squared shaped watches + water = no no.

Other than that, wear them in health! =)

Cheers,

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I only buy watches that have screw down crowns because I am a realist and a practical person. If I can't play navy seal with it, I don't want it. So yes all my watches have seen the water!

You mean they make watches that arent water tight? for shame! 8)