• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I think I'm done!

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
I think im at that point. Reps are what they are, cheap copies of the real deal. I have owned several gen Breitlings, even the BEST reps look cheesy cin comparison. im sick of fixing, and modding. Alot of things have me fed up about this "hobby".
I am having an issue with Silix. #rd watch ( my IWC I sent to him ) and no repose for a week. I am starting to think I got taken and hosed for $250.00,not to mention the toime and aggravation which is 10 times that value.
I buy the high end reps so little issues arise but when they do, at the price im paying I have a right to be pissed.

I hate to steal the thread but will the admin help me here on this? I mean this has to get fixed.I praised Silix, then cursed and priased again. Im at the point that i just want my watch or my money and be done with it.

I just will keep my "reccomendation " on him to myself until the outcome of this.

I'm lurlikng around Elite deal seeker more and more for those GUG's.

lovereps

Known Member
4/8/08
Ola fisherman!

Do you have the GMT IIc Asian ETA IHS? If you do, try this:

Pull the crown all the way to the time adjusting position and rotate the time for about 72 hours or more......just be patient and keep on rotating! then adjust the date to current, set the right time and then adjust the GMT!

I have exactly the same problem and this fix worked! It had been keeping time for the whole week (+10-15 secs per day) now!!

Good luck!

PESCADOR said:
I think I'm done with the rep nonsense! I just got my GMT from Silix and as usual it doesn't quite work right. It looks great but the GMT hand does not advance properly in conjunction with the hour hand.

Every watch I have bought from them has some little problem. My Planet Ocean had a bezel problem and the markers fell off the dial in shipping! Almost every watch I have bought has a shitty case tube or bad threads in the crown. My Bell & Ross looks great but I have to be very careful when I tighten the crown down because the threads are so bad.

Yep, I've spent over a Thousand bucks with Silix in the last year - money which I could have used towards a real watch that I won't be embarrased to tell someone at a party what it really is!

Lesson learned! No more reps for me - I'll save my pennies and buy something I can be proud of!

You get what you pay for and if you have cheap dreams they become nightmares!

I need to raise my expectations!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
watchbuff said:
I think im at that point. Reps are what they are, cheap copies of the real deal. I have owned several gen Breitlings, even the BEST reps look cheesy cin comparison. im sick of fixing, and modding. Alot of things have me fed up about this "hobby".
I am having an issue with Silix. #rd watch ( my IWC I sent to him ) and no repose for a week. I am starting to think I got taken and hosed for $250.00,not to mention the toime and aggravation which is 10 times that value.
I buy the high end reps so little issues arise but when they do, at the price im paying I have a right to be pissed.

I hate to steal the thread but will the admin help me here on this? I mean this has to get fixed.I praised Silix, then cursed and priased again. Im at the point that i just want my watch or my money and be done with it.

I just will keep my "reccomendation " on him to myself until the outcome of this.

I'm lurlikng around Elite deal seeker more and more for those GUG's.

it would be a different story if they were still cheap in price but they aren't. they can't hold a candle to a cheap ass timex in build and material quality not to mention a world wide warranty. you can buy a very good watch for what we are having to pay for reps with dirty, crappy asian movements in them that you can't get parts for when they break. even if you are lucky enough to get parts it is almost impossible to find somebody to work on them.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
hk45ca said:
<-MrZoSo-> said:
hk45ca said:
ruby had the crown and tube changed 3 times in my 45mm omega po. it worked every time she sent it to me for about a week. it has nothing to do with the dealer qc'ing the watch. it has everything to do with the prices we are having to pay for the same cheap made s**t. every time a super rep comes out for some stupidly high price we hear how good the quality is. the quality is the same or worse. the only thing that is better is the likeness to the gen. those are 2 very different things. when the prices started going up i said the higher the prices get the higher the customers expectations would be but nobody listened.
Are you trying to say that no matter how pretty the watch is on the outside that in reality it's whats inside that counts, and not a mother trucking thing has changed in that sense?
If you are, thank you for saying it. :D

yep, same s**t, different pile.

Bing-fucking-go!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
watchbuff said:
Ok so at what point to I ask the Admin for help?

WB, if you want I can try and help you. PM me a specific list of events and we can try and help you.

speedster

23/10/07
I would say Silix gets a fair amount of $ via this forum, they would be stupid to mess you about (you'd think!). Ive not yet sent me Oris off to him for repair (its been sat here boxed for a week ready to go). Watchbuffs story is putting me off sending it at all..... :roll:

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
it has everything to do with the prices we are having to pay for the same cheap made s**t. every time a super rep comes out for some stupidly high price we hear how good the quality is. the quality is the same or worse. the only thing that is better is the likeness to the gen. those are 2 very different things. when the prices started going up i said the higher the prices get the higher the customers expectations would be but nobody listened.

Preachin to the choir.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
R2 Im going to give it another week than I'll contact you if nothing happens

wilshire888

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/08
drfcfighter said:
How many times did I tell you not to buy from just one dealer, particularly Silix? Stuff you get from Ruby and Angus are definitely better QC'ed and rarely have Silix's problems, as you know from my DateJust, Tag and PAM001.

Dumbass! (I say with love)

Anyway, I do agree with everyone and Pescador that the rep prices have increased stupidly over the past two years, while the quality has not. I too am done with this game as I stop with five reps, all Swiss. I'm just in the gen market now.

I've had pretty good luck buying a few from Angus. My next one will most probably be from Eurotimez.

Reps will always have faults, so I try to alternate between wearing the gens with the reps. It alleviates the disappointment somewhat...

speedster

23/10/07
Well, I sent mine back to silix today for repair. If it doesnt turn up at this side of the pond in about a month Ill be booking a flight (economy) to Schezuan province GZ to tear the repairer a new arsehole. [smilie=angel12.gif] . Life is good!

Im sure Silix wont let us down though.

PESCADOR

Horology Curious
25/1/07
Hey, I know their just replicas but there is no reason to put so much effort into cosmeticas and great case work and then just have crummy threads in the crown and case tube - it doesn't make sense. I mean the watch has agreat ETA movement and the case is really nice - why not make the extra little effort and make adecent crown and case tube. What's up with these guys?

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
If you dont mind I would like to adopt this thread.
I heard from Silix on my 3717 and he said just this:
Sorry for coming back to u late. I was out on a trip. We have not got the returned watch yet. Please let me know when u posted it. Are preparing the replacmeent, but the first one did not pass the check, waiting for new ones and will pick a good one for u. Will be careful this time. Nice weekend.

So I guess a replacement is being readied. Checked twice!

Im glad I did not get the forst one.
The thing is what if my returned watch gets lost in the mail?Its been nearly 2.5 weeks.
Speedster can you PM me the return address that you sent the weatch back to Silix...I am wondering about something.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
PESCADOR said:
Hey, I know their just replicas but there is no reason to put so much effort into cosmeticas and great case work and then just have crummy threads in the crown and case tube - it doesn't make sense. I mean the watch has agreat ETA movement and the case is really nice - why not make the extra little effort and make adecent crown and case tube. What's up with these guys?

bingo.

I do understand that the thread making such size as crowns is rather difficult. Eitherway, they are worse crowns than a $300 comparable automatic gen Hamiltons. I can't fathom that the overhead for the reps are any more pricy than gen Hammies.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
Every single watch I've gotten from Silix, I had to send back. They were all resolved as Silix is good about fixing problems, but the point is that none have come so far without problems initially. I can't fathom that shipping cost isn't a pain for them either. Only thing I can think is that some of these guys send out crap first and hope that the buyer doesn't knitpick. I can safely assume that most buyers (not of this forum) will just eat the cost and keep it, or won't know what to knitpick over anyway. Silix has always come through for me, but at the cost of $$$ on shipping and time... a lot of time... (most "fixes" took over 2 months on average). Angus has been pretty good, and Ruby too. However, there's ALWAYS something with all the reps I've purchased over the couple of years...

speedster

23/10/07
Alright watchbuff :) . Will do mate. Would be majorly pee'd off if the same happened to me. I would be on first plane out to china to go bangin on the door. Lol.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
I hear ya. I am going over to Asia in October and pay a visit to Neil aka Trusty and see if he is as tough as he types.

PM me you Silix return addy plz

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
PESCADOR said:
my GMT from Silix and as usual it doesn't quite work right. It looks great but the GMT hand does not advance properly in conjunction with the hour hand.

Every watch I have bought from them has some little problem. My Planet Ocean had a bezel problem and the markers fell off the dial in shipping! Almost every watch I have bought has a shitty case tube or bad threads in the crown. My Bell & Ross looks great but I have to be very careful when I tighten the crown down because the threads are so bad.

Lesson learned! No more reps for me - I'll save my pennies and buy something I can be proud of!

Everything written here should be read by every new member, Pescador's got it right on. 8)

client9

Horology Curious
12/3/08
Pescador, don't buy from dealers anymore; they are too much of a hassle. Instead buy used from forum members. You get better prices, faster service, and better quality. It's the way to go.

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
yeah.i had these symptoms

1)after first purchase i inspect all the defects
2)i get angry
3) i flame the supplier/seller
4) i get it fixed(whatever it needs to be fixed)
5)im disgusted and never will spend my hard earned cash on a rep again
6)new panny arrives showing 1:1 cases and claims to be ultimate
7) i purchase
8)cycle goes again and again

in short,what goes around comes around! kinda :shock: