• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[I RESOLVED PROBLEM WITH MR] – Must Read!!!

Unity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/09
MR has always been responsive and known for his quality.. I hope this would never dissuade anyone from buying from him.

Indeed he has given me (awesome) advices for watches i couln't buy from him for some reasons... how better can it be ?

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I believe this is all misunderstanding and anxiety of a first purchase. I've never been dissapointed by MR, and I ordered a few times from him already.
DOA watches happen unfortunately, which is sure with MR is that they're leaving in good condition, and regulated.
The most important is to get this resolved, and indeed refund is not a right, it's a possibility :)
You're in good hands with both the dealer and the mod team working on the issue.
Relax ;)

havoc8

Horology Curious
30/8/10
@Pix, that is probably very true. I really dont want a refund. I want the watch. I love the watch. In fact, I was looking for watch repair shops locally.

Both Rolex Reps I have never had a problem. It seems this Asain 7750 is very very very fragile and can break by shipping. I would never have guessed a watch can break just by shipping it...

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
It's true that the A7750 is the "worse" amongst the other possibilities we have (non chrono ETA, Seagull and quartz).
You'll get your watch back for sure, just keep in mind that the dealer wants to avoid losing money and solve your problem at the same time : that means a local repair most probably.

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
It sounds like you just lack experience in buying replicas and you paniced when you got a malfunctioning movement. Our trusted dealers are safe. MR agreed to take care of the issue, just calm down and follow instructions. If you want a lower chance of failure just service the movement, many of us do that with a7750s.
But you have to understand that in spite of QC which I hear MR is good at, shit happens.
Posting a thread of complaint at 24h from the incident will not get a queue of dealers at your door...
Good luck with the issue, I am sure MR will work it out perfectly.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Certainly based on your side of the story this is not acceptable.
Do NOT just send the watch back. He may honestly never receive it and then you will have an even bigger issue to resolve.
PM one of the Admin team and ask for help resolving this.

It certainly doesn't sound like Lay. I look forward to hearing the resolution of this issue.

Okay, I don't know if the story has changed since I first heard about it, but I'm at a loss to know exactly where MR's conduct has stepped into the "unacceptable" realm.

Havoc has received a watch which is not functioning. And by the way, given that MR does regulate and send pictures of a functioning watch prior to shipping, I think that his percentage of DOA's is probably quite low. MR offered a replacement or repair, which is in line with his stated sales policy, and he's agreed to a refund, which is above and beyond his stated sales policy (and better than most dealers would offer).

This problem was only posted a few hours ago, so it's not like he's gone for days without having replied to havoc. I don't see why he's having to even defend himself. There are many, MANY members who can attest to MR's honesty, helpfulness, and commitment to customer service.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
My advice to new members

1. Read the dealers website terms and don’t be afraid to ask lots of question
2. Do your research. Understand the pro’s and con’s of the watch you want
3. Understand there are language and cultural differences
4. Be patient. Dealers are very concerned about your satisfaction
5. Try to resolve the issue with the dealer and RWI admins before posting something. (if you read this thread you will see I immediately posted what happened before working with them to resolve it). The RWI admins were great and helped me get the issue resolved.
6. Understand shit happens.

Happy end, and everyone learnt something in the story ;)

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
havoc8, you did a classy thing by editing your post in this way, IMO.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the hobby even more after this experience.

Vampere

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/10
I have ordered from MR twice and he has excellent customer service. Both watches arrived in good working order. Rest assured if you do have problems with your watch at delivery or even long after delivery MR will make it right one way or the other.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Just to make certain that everyone is clear on the eventual outcome of this issue, Havoc8 did return the watch as MR suggested, and MR refunded his money, even though the watch had been opened and MR's stated return/repair policy did not obligate him to do so.

MR does make considerable efforts to make certain that his customers are treated fairly, and in many cases, has been known to bend over backwards to do so.

Glad everyone is happy now.