• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need help pulling the trigger

Corniche

Horology Curious
8/8/18
Slightly wandered off to the ROO, but realised that i would not be able to wear it. I think i should go for the 15450.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Lol. True.

Guys across watch forums have romanticised the whole genta story for years. People end up paying more for beat up watches because they are buying a story. I’d rather read it on the internet for free.

It happens in the car community as well. Guys will tell you this engine should never be in this car, biggest example being Porsche and their SUV and 4 door Panamera.

"Purists" hated them, even though those models are now Porsche's biggest selling vehicles and has allowed the company to build great cars like the 918 and GT3RS.

"Purist" is often code for " I hate change and think everyone should have the same taste as me"

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
"The size of the 15400 is relatively huge, so it looks better on a 7inch size wrist..."
I have a 7.3 inch flat wrist, and I think the 15400 is too big. True, the 15400 wears better when the case is thinned. But I prefer the 15300/15202 overall. That is what Genta designed, and what Genta wanted. The Offshore and the 15400 are very questionable expansion moves from AP, like many of their moves recently, actually.

Genta doesn’t even love watches lol

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
It happens in the car community as well. Guys will tell you this engine should never be in this car, biggest example being Porsche and their SUV and 4 door Panamera.

"Purists" hated them, even though those models are now Porsche's biggest selling vehicles and has allowed the company to build great cars like the 918 and GT3RS.

"Purist" is often code for " I hate change and think everyone should have the same taste as me"

True. It is especially pointless to promote fundamentalism in the rep world. One rep is superior to the other rep because its overall quality is better, not because Gerald Genta wanted this model to stay in the 37mm octo shape.

I don't mean to offend anyone though.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Every Royal Oak I ever wore never really sang to me completely. But when I put a gen 15202 on my wrist, it all made sense. The case size and geometry of the 15202 is the most comfortable and elegantly designed variant of the Royal Oak design. I could care less about purism and the mythology of Genta, but he was a genius in proportioning... If I ever had just one AP, it would be the 15202, not an Arnold Schwarzenegger or Lebron James branded monstrosity or a Teletubbies Diver, LOL.

Reactions: vcappp

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
Every Royal Oak I ever wore never really sang to me completely. But when I put a gen 15202 on my wrist, it all made sense. The case size and geometry of the 15202 is the most comfortable and elegantly designed variant of the Royal Oak design. I could care less about purism and the mythology of Genta, but he was a genius in proportioning... If I ever had just one AP, it would be the 15202, not an Arnold Schwarzenegger or Lebron James branded monstrosity or a Teletubbies Diver, LOL.

:) Once more with feeling, I think I need reconsider to order a second hand.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Never understood the Rolex rep thing. If there is ONE watch somebody is going to ask you “is that a fake?” It’s Rolex, like I would think every day.

I love wearing reps of watches that people don’t know if it’s a $50 watch or a $20k watch, other than that it looks good or they are watch fans.

This is exactly the reason why I can't seem to pull the trigger on a rep Rolex lol. Even thought some PP/AP can cost 3x as much, a lot less people know what they are.

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
This is exactly the reason why I can't seem to pull the trigger on a rep Rolex lol. Even thought some PP/AP can cost 3x as much, a lot less people know what they are.

fact is you get more attention with the Rolex. If you want that go for it:D People will always look at your Watch more than on a JLC or a PP because most people dont know PP or AP,JLC the normal people if you ask them tell me the most expensive and high end watch brand you know they would say Rolex. I would say 90% of the People.

for example i did not buy a rep Sub because its probably the most known and most replicated watch of all of them. I went for a SD43 (don't own it anymore but thats another story)

Because its not that often seen. Most people that will call you out would also call you out on a Gen watch lol because they are jealous or for whatever reason. I mean if you hand your Rep Rolex to a Expert then you get called out ofc but from wrist distance even if they are like 1M away you cant get called out 100% with most High end Reps not even by experts.

EDIT: At the end I'm a bit off the topic sorry for that haha but i had to write that:)

Skywalker87

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
10/7/18
You'll be disappointed whichever you buy. You'll have to buy both : D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk