• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I may have an AP dependency!

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Long story short...

Love watches, just feel out of love with my stable last year, around August sold one, which lead to another sale, before long, the entire collection was gone... (this was over at RWG..)
Didn't feel too bad for a while.. but got the urge to buy again, had some funds left over from the sales of previous collection.. did initially plan on getting a handful different make watches, but the longer I thought about the more I was drawn (back) to APs.. still love Pams and Vintage Rolex's but right now, there's something about APs that ticks the right boxes for me..

Since the start of last year, the 2014 AP ROOs have caught my eye.. so, thought.. feck it, if I don't spend the money, the wife will or the kids will want some fancy bit of tech...

For this order I used Ryan of Intime, first time I've used him, in short, he's bloody brilliant, great comms, great payment options, even got a discount having never bought off him before, I'll certainly be using him again...
Certainly will be buying from Ryan again.. and again...

You bored of reading yet?
Oh OK, to the pictures!!!

Not ranking them in any order of preference, not seen them in day light yet, will get a better idea tomorrow..
Also, excuse the pics, taken with a poxy camera on the old mobile phone, plus I know next to lighting, aperture and other fancy photo taking techniques!,

2014 Blue Themes..

2014 Black Themes...

2014 Grey Themes...

2014 Safari...

All tucked in...

Second batch should be here tomorrow.. assuming ParcelFarce short their shite out!

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
congrats, next steps straps upgrades and AR jobs...

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
congrats, next steps straps upgrades and AR jobs...

Three straps already completed and their way from Eric (Donerix)
Fourth already commissioned..
AR will be the next step once I've got them all strapped up.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Congrats, mate
Now you're officially addicted ;)

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
All sweet. Noticed they're all JF, yes?

Which storage box do you have? It's beautiful

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Been a long time collector, just took time off recently..
Had many APs previously, AP SS, FC Divers, 57th Street, 44mm ROO Panda, 15300 and 15400 but they came and went, some are on their way back (sellers remorse)
Anyhoo, seen the errors of my ways :D and jumped back on that Wagon..Just a couple or 3 Limited Editions to add to the above over the coming days.. then Im done... for a while :D

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Looking at the watches again.. just noticed a couple of, what can only be described as water marks, very faint on the bezel of the Safari, at 3 and 9..

Any tips on how they can be cleaned up?

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I have a 2010 TA drivers boutique with two different straps I sourced after the purchased. The primary strap was from AP bands with their insanely expensive buckle. The other is much like your choice for blue themes as it is a custom black hornback croc with blaze orange just likes gen for the Lave or Volcano. I really like it and have tried using it with the diver, but I think I prefer the 28mm to only taper to the 24mm and use of the Diver buckle that came with purchase. It leaves me with a spare strap that require changing out the buckle or putting $69US for another AP Bands buckle. I just won't do that again, even though I love the first purchase.
A very nice collection you have started. I want to have my gasket shaved to reduced the height of the watch, which probably only bothers me. Anyhow the hornback with blaze orange is a great option on so many of the ROO reps. I'm tempted to reorder another from Mario (Orloff) as Dr. Theo has him set up with proper ROO inserts and my last purchased was a mere €129 and the Euro has sunk further with the exchange rate. I just like that blaze orange with a Driver and Diver.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Nice bunch you got there ... wear them well and add some more spice in the collection ... maybe some 44mm FC?

Dr. Theo

n1smo

Known Member
5/12/14
You need a 44mm Panda on gen GP Strap, mister!

Best combo imho.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Wow, first guy I've seen who got all 2014 AP. Fill them box up!

EDIT: Oops, I forgot the 2014 RG. Get those 2 RG on leather and bracelet and you have the complete 2014 ROO collection. Lol

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Nice bunch you got there ... wear them well and add some more spice in the collection ... maybe some 44mm FC?

Dr. Theo

Thanks Doc!
I plan to do so.. I a couple arriving today..
The remaining slots will be completed with a 44mm Panda and FC as well as a Rose Gold 15400 and either a SS Diver or Ceramic Diver.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Wow, first guy I've seen who got all 2014 AP. Fill them box up!

EDIT: Oops, I forgot the 2014 RG. Get those 2 RG on leather and bracelet and you have the complete 2014 ROO collection. Lol

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

I have a RG ROO on the way, however it isn't a 2014 ROO...

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Fantastic collection and thanks for sharing Jonny, plenty more spaces to be filled with new releases after Cny :hehehe:

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Fantastic collection and thanks for sharing Jonny, plenty more spaces to be filled with new releases after Cny :hehehe:

Thanks.. one spot is certainly reserved for MH if they re-release that...