• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I know, it's not a watch, but it is an Omega rep... :-]

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I'm looking for a spycam to prove that some of the people I'm "dealing with" at our church's Tuesday community free diner are full of crap when they complain that I'm treating them poorly (no pun intended).

Tuesdays I patrol the outside and inside of the church to ensure there's no vandalism, and to keep people out of areas they don't belong. I also keep an eye outside the building to keep kids from doing stupid things, help old people, and anything else that needs to be addressed.

This past Tuesday I asked a little girl not to throw stones at the church. The mother (who was on her cellphone) got upset that I spoke to her child- 'oh no you din't, you got a problem with my child, you talk to me!'........... Didn't get any better when I asked another child not to bounce a ball at the entrance of our parking lot because of cars, and suggested that he should go up on the sidewalk where it was safer. Yup, turns out this one belonged to the same "mother," who was again on her cell phone.

Yesterday she called the church office asking for my name so she could turn me into the police. LMAO. The church admin is my wife. Church Head of Trustees is my father-in-law. :lol1:

Anyway, here's what I found just now....

Clown feet and all...

Hi-Res Baseball Hat Covert Spy Camera DVR w/ 4GB Memory $189.95

Features

4GB Internal Storage
Video Storage: ~100 Minutes
Video Resolution: 640x480 VGA
Video Frame rate: 30FPS VGA
One-touch operation
Battery Life: ~2 Hour of recording
Battery: 280mAh/3.7V
Multimedia Format: AVI

Includes

Covert Baseball Hat Covert Spy Camera DVR
USB Cable
User Manual

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
That would work well to back you up if necessary. I would recommend that you just walk around with a camcorder taping everything openly. It will make for an even better deterrent than just you making your rounds.

Cool cap though, you should post up a link.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
That would work well to back you up if necessary. I would recommend that you just walk around with a camcorder taping everything openly. It will make for an even better deterrent than just you making your rounds.

Oooooooooooooh sheet! That would cause more problems than it's worth. I get attitude for just telling some kid not to play in traffic, they'd be all up in my junk if they saw someone video taping them or their kids. The only people who will see anything will be those that need to know, possible the local cops if necessary. Might have to put up a sign at the entrances though to inform the public that the area is under video surveillance to cove my butt. :)

click the pic. :)

Found a Yankees cap for a lot more...
http://shop.omejo.com/productsshow.php?id=242
20100326004724sbmhg7.jpg

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
D'oh!

Now I feel like a total maroon......

beats feeling like a total moron, yes? :lol:

TB: make sure the sign goes up mate, without it you could be in all sorts hot water.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
beats feeling like a total moron, yes? :lol:

TB: make sure the sign goes up mate, without it you could be in all sorts hot water.

Metal signs ordered. 12 Fake domed cameras with little blinky lights ordered, 4 exterior fake cameras ordered (with blinky lights). 1 bluetooth style secret spy cam ordered (no blinky light).

Crap, this got a little more expensive than I planed on. :) I can't wait to see the faces on those trouble makers when they see all the extra security installed.... :p

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Can't but help. Mind you the fact that folk getting something for nothing then go and act up especially at a church both amazes and saddens me. A church is the last place that should need security.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Can't but help. Mind you the fact that folk getting something for nothing then go and act up especially at a church both amazes and saddens me. A church is the last place that should need security.

You may (or may not) be surprised how many churches have security these days. Many will contract out to local companies (especially around the holidays) due to the high rates of vandalism. It is a sad testimony to the direction our society has has taken.

Metal signs ordered. 12 Fake domed cameras with little blinky lights ordered, 4 exterior fake cameras ordered (with blinky lights). 1 bluetooth style secret spy cam ordered (no blinky light).

Crap, this got a little more expensive than I planed on. :) I can't wait to see the faces on those trouble makers when they see all the extra security installed.... :p

If they even notice.... Sorry to hear that you have had to take things to such an extreme to protect the church property.

I know it is a pretty general thing to say, but people suck.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Here's what I got:

4GB Bluetooth Earphone Spy Hidden Camcorder

1_003.png

[AME]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6QSGC2cW0g[/AME]

Features:

* Super Clean and Clear Video & Audio
* Built-In 4GB Memory
* This is not a real Bluetooth earphone, but 100% looks like one.
* Shoot as what your eyes see. ( Definitely no one will notice this is a Spy cam )
* Standalone Voice Recording function
* User friendly One button operation with LED indicator
* Real time video and audio recording with date and time stamp
* Built-in high capacity rechargeable Lithium battery
* Playback on PC by Windows Media Player

Specification:

* Video Resolution: AVI format, 640 x 480 pixels @ 30fps
* Photo Resolution: JPG format, 1024 x 768 pixels
* Video Compression Mode: M-JPEG
* High Speed USB 2.0 Interface
* Plug and Play (no need for drivers and installation)
* Supporting System: Windows ME/2000/XP/Vista/7; Mac OS: Linux
* Dimension: 50 * 23 * 24 mm

Package

* 1 x 4GB Bluetooth Earphone Camcorder
* 1 x USB Cable
* 1 x User Manual

12camera.jpg

LOT OF 12X - TITAN DUMMY FAKE SECURITY DOME CAMERA WITH FLASHING RED LIGHT BRAND NEW IN WHITE BOX!

This is Lot of 12 New Titan dummy security cameras with flashing red light

Description:

Criminals like to pick easy targets and without a surveillance system, you're putting your home and property at risk. A realistic Dummy Security Camera gives all the appearances of the real thing. Made from a real disabled security camera, the security dome mimics high-tech systems that can cost hundreds of dollars.

Easy to install, the security system comes with screws and drywall anchors for placement on walls and ceilings. A push on/push off switch activates a flashing red light . Place anywhere that needs a deterrent and criminals will think twice about breaking in.

GREAT PRICE! HURRY WHILE STOCK LASTS!!!
Product Features

Made with a real, disabled, high-tech security camera
Deters criminals from targeting your property
Gives the appearance of a surveillance system
Flashing red light
Push on/off switch
Easy installation with 2 screws and 2 drywall anchors included
2 AA batteries required (not included)
Dimensions: 4.5" base diameter, 3" height

KGrHqRmIE9JBsBfNPBPj3-eIPd60_3.jpg

Light Purple Dummy Waterproof Camera Flashing Red LED Light

It looks extremely realistic with their fake lens, fake invisible infrared illuminator. With a flashing red LED light, it is hard for staff & professional thieves to notice that the camera is imitation. You can own the product, authentic video cable without the high cost of a real security cameras. Others may think that you have a complete video surveillance system in operation at your premises. It is easy to assemble with mounting bracket at the doorway or elsewhere.

1. Extra LED Red Light Makes it More Realistic

2. Decrease your security at a fraction of the cost of real cameras

3. Dummy Security Indoor / Outdoor Camera

4. Weatherproof: Yes

5. Sun Shield Included

6. Camera Activation: Continuous

7. No Wiring Need

8. Material: ABS plastic

9. Power Required: 2xAA 1.5V Batteries (Not Included)

Bk7UrZmkKGrHqUOKikEtlz8HCrnBLZhpsD4YQ_12.jpg

The sign will go on a wall that faces the parking lot and will be seen by all who enter the building, especially those that play or hang out in that area which is also the area where they would come in for programs and the Tuesday night Lord's Table.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Interesting little cam there. If it functions well at that price point it would be a great little addition to my equipment bag. Looking forward to a review.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Interesting little cam there. If it functions well at that price point it would be a great little addition to my equipment bag. Looking forward to a review.

Me too! :) If I can get an hour of video out of it, I'll be very happy. Just have to remember not to move my head too fast. :lol:

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
:lol:

A church is the last place that should need security.
Over here 'the travelling community' (aka Pikies) regularly get onto church roofs and strip the lead off them because it is worth so much as scrap.

They also steal roadsigns, manhole covers in the middle of the road, and the brass plaques that mark the ashes of those in the memorial garden at the crematorium...

Scum.

(Yet they are the ones bleating on about 'we are discriminated against!!')

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I serve regularly at a homeless kitchen in downtown Dallas. I and others get up at 4am to go there and cook 40 dozen scrambled eggs, 10 loaves of bread toasted and buttered, and 17 lbs of sausage. We often bring fruits and pastries as well which comes out of our pockets - our church (not in downtown) pays for the building, utilities, and food staples.
It amazes me how many people - mostly welfare addicts (nothing wrong with them but they know how to work the system) - act as if we are paid servers. The sense of entitlement is mind-boggling.
Although the majority are grateful for the one meal they might have in a few days (any monies found in addition to their welfare checks goes to drugs and booze), these welfare addicts are infuriating.
I've come to the conclusion that some people can't be helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I serve regularly at a homeless kitchen in downtown Dallas. I and others get up at 4am to go there and cook 40 dozen scrambled eggs, 10 loaves of bread toasted and buttered, and 17 lbs of sausage. We often bring fruits and pastries as well which comes out of our pockets - our church (not in downtown) pays for the building, utilities, and food staples.
It amazes me how many people - mostly welfare addicts (nothing wrong with them but they know how to work the system) - act as if we are paid servers. The sense of entitlement is mind-boggling.
Although the majority are grateful for the one meal they might have in a few days (any monies found in addition to their welfare checks goes to drugs and booze), these welfare addicts are infuriating.
I've come to the conclusion that some people can't be helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needless to say it is more like they don't want to be helped.....

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I agree with the last two statements.

They say that it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the barrel. From my experience with both adults and kids in Johnson City, NY who are under-privileged, there seems to be an overwhelming sense of complacency. By this I mean there are plenty of people from our church willing to help anyone who wants to make something of themselves, but there's very little desire if any at all to want it.

One thing that I have noticed more than anything is either a sense of entitlement, or an accomplished skill in getting something for nothing.

One woman who has 5 mixed race children with 5 different men has turned being a leech into an art form. If she's not looking for money, she's looking for free furniture (delivered of course) for every time she moves out of one apartment into another. This is her 4th move, looking for more furniture rather than taking what she has to the next place.

Every week we have someone coming to the church with the most incredible stories. The one my wife and I got taken for was a woman begging for gas money to visit her critically ill sister who was in a hospital an hour away. Part of that story included something about social services taking her kids and putting them into foster homes if she missed some appointment, near tears at this point as she talks about being raped in a foster home when she was a child. In conversation with other churches later, this woman told the same story while asking for more money. Needing money for operations, medication, and food for their kids are the most popular ones.

We had a bike give away last weekend where a man asked us for money for food. Showed us a drivers license photo of himself when he was "fat." He looked to be in GREAT shape to me now! Still, a bought him a dinner at the catering truck we had selling food at the event. After the meal, he asked for money again. Next time, I'll offer to pay for them to do some weeding around the church to see if they're willing to work for the money. It never crossed my mind, probably because I didn't think that anyone would ever accept the offer....

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If they don't wanna weed, they don't need the money TB.
The Lord helps those who help themselves, so should you.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I help myself plenty, but for some reason I enjoy helping others more.

Just last night, I drove through McDonald's and paid for the order of the car behind me. Thought it was safe enough, single cute woman in the car behind me, figured it wouldn't cost too much.... :p Asked the cashier to tell the woman to Pay It Forward- anything else probably would have been too creepy since I drive a van. :D

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You misunderstand me. I meant help those who help themselves. Concentrate on those who do their best to change their situation.