• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I just pulled the trigger on Helson

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I've been looking back and forth between Steinhart and Helson as well as looking at a used Oris on WUS forum but today Helson had 20% off watch and shipping.

I don't have a Blancpain FF rep, and I saw the Blackbeard and really liked it. I probably should have got the all white dial with black bezel but as long as I was going with the theme of something completely different, I ordered the black bezel with black dial. All spent. $674.

It has a Miyota 9015 instead of the Swiss ETA 2824-2 that previous versions came with, thanks SWATCH Corp, but besides the unidirectional winding and non-hacking movement, it's something I can live with.

Can't wait until "Talk like a pirate day!!" [emoji1][emoji1]

53aa1f5b950f657d23840cbc202f1e85.jpg

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

blueradish

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/07
Gorgeous. Hard to decide between Blackbeard and Whitebeard. Just means will have to get both eventually!

Enjoy yours.

D

d4m.test

Helson makes great watches, that's a nice pick up. The 9015 should have hacking seconds though, I've got an Obris Morgan with the same movement and it hacks.

Either way, enjoy!

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Wow, I would be thrilled if the movement hacks. That was my biggest worry about the Miyota, and I had somebody else, on a different forum, say this was a hacking movement, so this sounds great.

Thanks for the info. I really was stumped on the whitebeard version, but I liked this best.

vaquerito

1/11/15
Great watch. Where did you get it?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk