• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I have been honing in on my watchmaking skills, but I have an Achilles heel...

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
But actually I believe RSC replaces hytrel rings after every bezel removal, ie. They do get damaged on bezel removals and/ or shouldnt be reused more than a few times

It’d be nice if I could find a place to buy hytrel rings that work with the correct reps. I might see if my TD can source me some... would save me a lot of stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
What do you think about this version of the bezel remover (Horotec or Chinese clone)?

ZhlMMp.png

EDIT - Ok, my answer is here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...al-guide/page2

I'm curious to hear input on this question as well
The problem I immediately see might arise is that one side is an anchor point, and one side is used to slip under the bezel.
The other tool has 4 points of entry under the bezel. This model only has one. Which leads me to believe it will come off unevenly, if it even comes off at all. I assume the bezel fit is very tight, and trying to remove it from one side (entry point) would cause it to jam on the opposite side. Possibly the watch head could be removed and rotated around to avoid this, but it seems an unnecessary issue to deal with given there are other tools that would rectify it by design.

Id still like to hear from someone who has experience with this model, or any insight.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 >> Dr Fun Socks said that you use the Chinese clone model and you're happy with it?

I have a larger, more expensive one also which I posted on pg 1. I bought the cheaper one to use temporarily because I damaged a couple blades on the larger one. But it works well too, never failed me when I've used it.

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
oascom dang bro, you've got the dream team of bezel remover tools!!
I'm drooling over these pics.
AND in the background ALL those watch tools!!
+1 from me

Reactions: Oascom

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
oascom dang bro, you've got the dream team of bezel remover tools!!
I'm drooling over these pics.
AND in the background ALL those watch tools!!
+1 from me

Heh thanks,

That's true, got tons of fun tools but still not enough, gotta buy compressor and waterproof tester soon... Goin to cost me arm and leg.

Reactions: stufuse

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Heh thanks,

That's true, got tons of fun tools but still not enough, gotta buy compressor and waterproof tester soon... Goin to cost me arm and leg.

Did you get your new automatic ultrasonic cleaner yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
Is the 4 point horotec bezel lifter worth the price?
The reason I ask is because the Chinese model is approx a 4th of the price.

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
Is the 4 point horotec bezel lifter worth the price?
The reason I ask is because the Chinese model is approx a 4th of the price.

Oascom answers to this in another thread yesterday.
He said that the Chinese clone works but since blades are not sharp enough it can scratch bezels (especially the most difficult to remove).

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
6abe4acb0f950012e264e72b06dbe9ca.jpg

This one from china for $45 works fine for me.

But I’m not a watchmaker expert.

I want to change the bezel of my vsf planet ocean. I have a complete replacement bezel and insert at hand. Do these work for bezels on different watch models? Will I need a press to put the new bezel in place or can I just press with my fingers? Last time I tried this on a sub c, I removed the xtal with the bezel and had to send the watch to a pro in the end, i am wondering what to do...

Complete

Renowned Member
18/10/17
I want to change the bezel of my vsf planet ocean. I have a complete replacement bezel and insert at hand. Do these work for bezels on different watch models? Will I need a press to put the new bezel in place or can I just press with my fingers? Last time I tried this on a sub c, I removed the xtal with the bezel and had to send the watch to a pro in the end, i am wondering what to do...

Sorry I don’t know what you should do.

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France

In principle these tools are suitable for a majority of bezel models. But be careful using it, as it was said above depending on the quality you take more or less risk of breaking something during the operation.

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS

This question was kind of answered by KJ2020 in post #10 of this thread.

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
I'm thinking about buying this stand.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/N07115-Wat...405319?hash=item366528c787:g:HYsAAOSw0Q5e7rKq
52.50 on eBay
Then upgrading it with this Horotec attachment here.
https://www.esslinger.com/bezel-remover-adaper-pair-for-horotec-watch-snap-on-case-back-opener
139.95 on Ofrei

Thoughts??

I don't like the generic tools with only one arm.
The crab style with two support anchored arms seems to me like it would work better.

To be clear ill post this link
This bezel remover on has one arm attached to the base, but the above has two support arms.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WATCH-BEZEL-REMOVAL-TOOL-FOR-OMEGA-SPEEDMASTER-WATCH/310959766555?hash=item4866a57c1b:g:0C4AAOSwxbJe6Nqw\

Thoughts please??