• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I got mugged today and broke my tc v6 :(

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
I've messaged tc about ordering a new clasp as its now broken, tried to attach pictures but this bloody Lumia app won't let me do anything! :( had a bad day and would love some suggestions on how I can possibly fix without changing the entire clasp, im not the best with watch terminology but its like a small rivit? And spacer on the one side of the small part(the last bit you close) of the clasp? (wow that was a poor description!) I've bent it back straight but have lost the spacer and thing that holds it in, sorry again for lack of decent description and pictures!
Rwi your the best!
Much love

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Download tapatalk app on your phone to share images :D I really don't understand what you mean :rofl:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Tell us about the mugging. Is that how the watch broke?

Sounds like you need a new clasp if you've lost parts from it. TC sells an entire bracelet for $50ish.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Yikes. Let me be the first to say - screw the watch. Are you OK? What the hell happened and is the other person in rougher shape than you, I hope? :shooting:

That's awful. Hang in there, brother.

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
I'm just gonna get a new one directly from tc, im okay heads a bit mangled as I got stamped on the floor, but I assume we got off pretty even, more concerned about my watch to be honest! Couple parocetamol and back to work this morning, thanks everyone

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
I keep my watch under my sleeve when out alone, it was my phone he was after but during the scuffle I got snagged on his clothing, and the clasp broke, nevermind ey, ill sell some stuff and buy a new clasp or possibly get a gen clasp? Depending on price!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
If you had an Invicta on maybe you wouldn't have been mugged!
images
..or maybe he would have ..

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14

I've bent it back straight but are missing a small end pin and washer, is there any way anyone knows how I can obtain the parts missing and fix myself as funds are literally none existent

Ciccio_started_it

2/1/14
You were stomped on the floor and you're more concerned about the watch?! Dude, how big was the mugger, you must be one tough SOB :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
It's called a pressure pin which is a hollow tube with a rivet in each end. Any watchmaker will have a selection of them. The size you need is the measurement across the clasp without the catch included. When you knock the rivet in do it in stages and test the catch as you don't want it too tight. Not sure why there was a washer under there but you should be able to get away without it.

Seriously this mate, you had your head stomped on, worry about that first! Have you seen the doctor?

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
Thank you flyr!

Cheap shark mesh strap for a while until I can sort something out, wounds heal my watch won't! Haha

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
That's why I love our concela carry laws. I probably wouldn't have used it because that guy would have been beaten to a pulp but I know my piece is always on my side if I need it.

Hope you're feeling better and I agree. You definitely should see a doctor. Even the slighted hit to the head can cause serious internal injury. But just to be safe its a good idea

al358

Renowned Member
16/5/14
Yikes, please get yourself checked out and I hope you feel better!