• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I didn't do my due diligence and ordered from a fake Hont and got screwed.

SwissHam

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/11/18
I ordered a Rolex Explorer on March 1. After repeated emails with no replies I contacted PayPal as Hont has it listed as being eligible to use. Apparently my payment is gone with the wind and now PayPal says that it isn't even covered by them.

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
If you have been in contact with the genuine Hontwatch they will not have scammed you.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
@SwissHam Tell me how you contacted Hont, email, wechat, how? Answer not optional.

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Hont doesn't use email and he doesn't use PayPal.

Sorry bro you should have used the links from the forum and not googled his name.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
ahem... let me show you guys how OP make purchases online

Buys a $10 soap, then keeps bugging the target customer service every 5 minutes asking where the soap is.
Only to realize he bought a "soap" from "Transget" in India from an indian guy named : Bob Smith who is the manager of Microsoft.

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
[email protected]. Is this address not the real Hont? Thanks. I'd like to place an order for a Sky Dweller in Blue.
Read this

Reactions: Hec

ogre1649

Looking Around
15/2/24
If you search on google you get HONTWATCH.COM website that has PayPal as an option. I don't trust this site so tried to use the link in the RWI trusted dealer [[Unknowen link removed - ADMIN]]. However, the screen pops up for a second then blanks out. I the past I've used HONTWATCH.RU which worked with no paypal option but again draws a blank. I think HONTWATCH need to re-establish a secure link in the thrust delaers dashboard the works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
If you search on google you get HONTWATCH.COM website that has PayPal as an option. I don't trust this site so tried to use the link in the RWI trusted dealer [[Unknowen link removed - ADMIN]]. However, the screen pops up for a second then blanks out. I the past I've used HONTWATCH.RU which worked with no paypal option but again draws a blank. I think HONTWATCH need to re-establish a secure link in the thrust delaers dashboard the works.
As far as I know Hont does not have a website anymore. You can browse his web albums and contact him on WhatsApp.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
My personal opinion is there are other really great dealers out there,why bother with him especially given this

Reactions: CyborgCNC

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
My personal opinion is there are other really great dealers out there,why bother with him especially given this
Given what, exactly?

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Given this apparent lack of a working website . I haven’t checked him out in a long time. Back then he did have a site If he gets things back up, then ill revise my thoughts

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Given this apparent lack of a working website . I haven’t checked him out in a long time. Back then he did have a site If he gets things back up, then ill revise my thoughts
Why does the lack of a website make any difference? Some of the best dealers on here don't have a website.
Any dealer can get any watch that is currently available, send a photo of what you want and ask for price and availability. I have never ordered thru a website, always by email or PM.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
That’s great that is working for you, I guess I’m just a bit of a shopper, I like to browse merchandise and look at all the wares like in physical stores in the old days

if I need a specific watch I can’t seem to find anywhere,then I will email dealers and see if they can help.

Reactions: gym chan